Chapter 5.

Kurama was as blunt as a hammer, "You don't have chakra coils in your body, kid."

Naruto's reaction was priceless, "WWWWHHHHHAAAATTTTTT?!"

Kurama chuckled. Naruto's reaction to surprises was turning out to be very amusing. He watched as Naruto seemed to have a panic attack within his own mind. The mind responded to his mental state, shaking violently. Kurama understood just how much that rattled Naruto.

"Calm down Naruto! I wasn't finished!" he shouted. Seeing how Naruto was showing no signs of calming down, Kurama let loose a small bit of his killing intent, enough to make a jonin sweat.

Naruto, however, was totally inexperienced in experiencing killing intents, therefore his reaction was entirely predictable to Kurama. Naruto instantly froze in his place, all thoughts of Kurama's news fleeing his mind as he registered the new feeling. The mind-scape stopped shaking as Naruto slowly turns to Kurama. 

Voice shaking, he asked Kurama, "W-what was t-that?"

Kurama stared Naruto in the eye, indicating he was serious, "That was killing intent. Usually used by shinobi's to intimidate each other. Whoever has the higher killing intent is able to make the other suffer illusions of death, if the killing is potent enough. "I'm surprised though, that you managed to stay conscious", he said with a raised eyebrow.

Naruto, for his credit, showed no reaction and kept his face neutral. He would deal with this some other day. For now, he had to focus on his chakra problem.

Clearing his throat, he asked, "What were you saying about my chakra coils before?"

Kurama sat up, towering over Naruto, who had to look up towards him, "As I said, there are no chakra coils in your body. But that doesn't mean that it's a bad thing. At least, not yet. You have to first unlock your chakra so I can see if this is a problem or not."

Naruto nodded, now fully in control of his emotions. He then gestured towards the lake, "What is that? I don't remember seeing it yesterday when I changed my mind-scape."

Kurama nodded at him, "You would be right. However, do you remember your question to me concerning trauma and your mind-scape?"

Naruto tilted his head, his eyes agreeing to Kurama's question.

Kurama said, "Well, that theory applies to this law as well. You may change your mind-scape to anything, but there will always be a representation of what is already there, within your mind and body."

Gesturing to the lake, he explained, "There are two things of importance that you need to know about this lake. Obviously, this represents your chakra, but there are some other things as well.

"The size of this lake represents the size of your reserves. I have minor difficulty in seeing the end of this lake, which means your reserves are impressively large for your age. The depth of this lake represents the density of your chakra. The deeper it is, the denser and more powerful your chakra is."

Naruto was listening intently to Kurama. He had to admit, he couldn't see the other side of the lake, which meant that his reserves would have to be very large. The question that now remained was how deep the lake was.

As if reading his Kurama nodded knowingly, "You have to dive inside the lake to find out how deep it is. Before you do that, touch the water and tell me what you feel."

Naruto frowned in confusion at the odd request, but nodded. He touched the water and instantly his frown deepened, as if he didn't like the feeling.

Kurama turned his head towards him, asking, "What do you feel, Naruto?"