LOAL A-3 Prologue: Building the LNER A-3

So before you read this, The story is based off of someone who died and was born as an engine, The story revolves around Alex being an LNER A-3 when he worked on multiple railways and is in love. Stay tuned for more. Let's begins.

Great Britain, July 23rd 1923, Shed station 44. 2:46 P.M.

"..." I was sleeping, Then I felt something as if I was....A train. An engine that looked quiet, I felt like I was sitting in the sheds, Eyes closed. Being steamed up for the first time, Two scientists looked at the model of me after months of hard work.

"So... Project: LNER 50 getting ready to go?" The first one said wearing glasses as he clearly was concerned.

"Yeah, He has issues with the vision." The second one said with his problem.

"Ah shit." The first one muttered, It was a failure. However.

"But, We got a idea. We gave him some glasses. Now he can see." The first one said as he has red glasses on the face.

"Alright good, Let's display for everyone." The second one said knowing it will work.

"On it." The first one said as the driver and firemen were waved in and they began to start him as he moved, Outside the shed. People waited impatiently.

"What will they show?" A man said.

"This is a waste of time." A woman said being annoyed on how long it's taking,

"What is it?" A second man said asking a friend.

"I got a bad feeling about this." Another woman said as the controller and the scientist came to the podium and announced it.

"Hello everyone, We are sorry for the apologies for delaying this engine but now... Here we are: Announcing Project LNER 50!" The controller said as the two doors opened and a Red LNER A-3 came out. Then it opened it eyes and smiled at everyone. They were confused.

"Hello everyone!" I said as everyone was scared and freaked out!

"Oh god!" A man said.

"It talks!" A woman said being terrified. Police officers looked ready to fight. I got scared.

"Kill it! Kill it!" One of the officers said.

"Wait! I didn't mean to scare you all!" I pleaded as people looked ready to run in case I charged. But I didn't budge, My crew in my cab were in shock.

"So.. If you can talk. Do you do anything special?" The controller said looking at my innocence.

"No..." I said knowing I couldn't have anything else but talk.

"What is your name?" The controller said.

"Alex. Sir..." I said revealing my name.

"Project LNER 50: Name is Alex?" The controller continued as he rose an eyebrow to see if I was doing something wrong.

"Yes. I didn't want to harm or scare anyone. I'm honest!"  I said trying to be innocent very hard as the controller looked at me and smiled,

"Hmm. Well I can trust you for now." The controller said as I smiled, I have earned trust, The scientists didn't think so otherwise.

"Are you crazy?" One of the scientists said in shock.

"Well if he can interact with others. Then he can try to be trusted."

"You are a mad man." A man shouted from the crowd. I only wheeshed steam.

"It can help if you know your goods and passengers runs." The controller said as I was ready.

"Sure thing, I can do that." I said as I was ready for my first job.

"Alright, Starting in three days. We start for you." Sir Topham said as I was overjoyed

"Sir yes sir!" I said making myself act like a soldier.

"Please don't call me that." The controller said.

"Sorry, I just want to be useful." I said trying to calm down.

"Call me Controller Topham." Topham said as I understood the name.

"Yes sir Topham." I said yet again.

"Good, Be prepared for those days cause were gonna give you a check up before you get moving." Topham said sternly to me.

"Alright, Thank you Topham." I said as people clapped a little, They weren't afraid.

"Good. I expect you to be a great engine." Topham said smiling at the project.

"I can't wait!" I said blowing my whistle, Topham stopped me though.

"But we will need you to do some tests first." Topham said as I smugged.

"Okay.. tests, I can do it quickly." I said knowing they will be a breeze.

"But they have to wait." Topham said as the smiles went away to me.

"Wait what? Topham why wait? We have to start off the work." The second scientist said as everyone was concerned.

"Take him a tour first of this railway first. You okay with that?" Topham said turning to the scientists and driver.

"Sure. Let me get Vincent the steam engine.." The scientist said knowing I never heard of him.

"Vincent?" I said being confused on that name.

"He'll be waking you up tomorrow." Topham said to me.

"And what do I do with him?" My driver said asking me.

"Let him rest." Topham said.

"We can show you tomorrow." The scientist explained to me about the situation.

"Alrighty then sir. I will be ready." I said having some sort of confidence but not really showing my provement.

"Good thing Alex, Good day and have a great night." Topham said as he looked at me with heart.

"Thank you sir." I said as he nodded and walked away, People began taking pictures before officers began pushing them slightly away from me.

"Alright, Clear out! Project LNER 50 is here!" The police said clearing out the place, People took pictures still. As they were getting pushed away from shed 44, I sizzled smoothly.

"Give some space please..!" Another said as the area cleared, The hours to me... It went by quickly as I looked up at the Dawny sky.

"My life begins tomorrow. Here it goes..." I said as I went back into my shed and began to sleep, An odd first day but it would be worth it.

END OF PROLOUGE