Words Can Hurt

Ash’s Point of View

When I made it back to the village, IT and Red Riding Hood were still still together. And I was stuck looking like Red Riding Hood. Not that I minded it. A new found confidence riveted inside me, and I enjoyed a nice dinner with her grandmother. That must sound weird though. It’s wrong, but something makes me feel likes its strangely right. However, this body also has some weird side effects. When I just saw Jem for the first time in this body, my heart fluttered. Fluttered. What does she even see in him? With his average looks, he is incomparable to someone like me. If women saw me they would fawn over me, actually that would be really nice. Wait what!? I’m supposed to stick to Red Riding Hood, my love.

A little while later, Alice said goodbye and parted with Jem. It left me alone with him. Well, I wasn’t close to him. He was in the middle of the village, while I sat hidden behind brush on the outskirts of the village. My feelings were a melting pot in this body for Jem, and the Red Riding Hood part of me forced me to leave my hiding place and talk to him.

“Who’s there?” Jem said. I accidently stepped on a branch in my hiding place. I gave in to Alice’s feelings, and stepped forward.

“What are you doing in the forest? You know there’s a wolf in there?” Jem questioned with concern eye. That’s the understatement of the year, I snorted.

“Wait! What did you just say?” Jem asked. Shit. I can’t believe I said that.

 “Yes I do. My father is the hunter. I was in the forest because I was trying to hide from you. I don’t have the heart to tell you that you’re a worthless piece of shit. You’re like one of the wolves. No wait why don’t you do me a favor.  Go jump in a well, there’s one located in the neighbor’s yard. I can help you fall, in other words push you. Actually, that’s a swell idea. Let’s try it.” I said. The Alice part of me screamed at me, but I didn’t care. However, Jem looked hurt. Something clear fell down his face. His eyes were full of shame.

“I thougghhtt you likked me… Did you lead me on, on purpose? Thanks for telling me where the well is. However, I have my revolver in my pocket which would be faster for killing me. Oh by the way, I was going to tell you something important about myself tonight. But, I don’t think you care. Thanks, and goodbye.” Jem screamed, but surprisingly it didn’t wake up the neighbors. He stomped away leaving a dust storm flying in the air.

He turned around once before stomping away mumbling the words that sounded like,

"You just made a big mistake, you'll regret this."