Chapter 3 The Encounter

I wake up the next morning and think, it's finally Saturday! I have all day to go play in the woods behind my house. I wake up and eat my Saturday morning breakfast, bacon, eggs, and waffles. Saturday night is burger night, so I should be home by 6. I get out side and start on the trek to my tree house. It is about a 10 minute walk. Today, my Eli left for a vacation this morning so it is just me.

I sit down in my tree house. I think about my life.

Out if nowhere, a tube appears out of the side of the tree house and sucks me up. I go up and up and up until I land on a hard surface. I sit in the room calmly for about two minutes. Then I hear a door opening and a human being walks in, well I think it's a human being. It's about 7 feet tall and he says, "hello Matthew, we've been expecting you."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am from the planet Zeralokis which is in a solar system not unlike yours. We were hoping that we could, eh, borrow a human being."

Well, why did you pick me," I replied

"Ah. Our planet is rather in danger of being destroyed and we where hoping to use an earthling, like you, to help us save our planet."

"That makes more sense," I said.

"I am sorry to neglect to tell you that my name is Zander, the chief commander of all Zeralokis." Said Zander.

"So what do you need me to help you with?" I say.

"We need you to talk and work with our ruler, King Devan. If you can help solve the problem, I will give you one thing that you want, anything as long as it is reasonable," said Zander.

"Well I will help," I said.

"Great," said Zander, "we will begin training immediately."

"Wait, what training?"

"Oh, you have to learn how to fly a star ship."

"What! Are you mad?"

"No, it's rather easy."