January 21st - Don't Be That Way (Rant)

January 21, 2013

9th of Rabi Al-Awwal, A.H. 1434

Don't Be That Way

I've noticed that some people have a BAD habit of reprimanding people on Islam the WRONG way.

(Note that this is me ranting on something I dislike with a passion)

Muslims in Response To Muslims

If you see that a fellow Muslim is losing faith or falling short on their religious duties, think before you speak. Especially if you see that they're lost in a mental sense.

There is something I've noticed and it really gets under my skin.

Muslims will attack other Muslims for not being "good" Muslims.

Firstly, what the bleep makes you think you've got all your shiz together? How do you know for sure that Allah is pleased with you and your actions. For all you know that person could have done something that puts them above you in Allah's eyes. You can't see their deeds, therefore before you start going off on them about being a "good" Muslim, check yourself and THINK.

I understand trying to help someone you love become better. I do. But we have to realize that we are supposed to correct eachother not judgementally pick apart everything that is wrong with one another.

Be mindful of how you address them. Keep yourself calm and only speak with advisory. We all sin and make mistakes, you are no different. You never know if you can be the difference between that person recognizing their mistakes and repenting to Allah or them just leaving Islam all together.

I'm sure none of us want to be responsible for another Muslim turning their back on Islam.

Telling another Muslim off is not helping ANYTHING.

Giving them advice and correcting them with a guiding hand can do so much more. And Inshaallah your intentions of good will be recognized by Allah.

When you attack them like that, you're cornering them and making them feel even more alone in their struggles. That's not a good feeling.

So be kind and encouraging. Pray for them! And think of how the Prophet Muhammed Sallallahu Alayhi Wa'salam would have corrected them. I'm 100% percent certain he wouldn't hurl insults their way the way we see some people constantly doing.

This pushes them away!

It does not bring them closer to Allah in any way.

When Addressing People Who Hate Islam

When you see that a person just holds all of this hate towards your religion and is saying all of these bad things about your Prophet and your Lord, it can be hard to resist the urge to just say every bad thing you can think of.

But that is not the way of a Muslim.

If you come across a person like that my best advice is to completely ignore them. I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT IT IS THE BEST WAY TO ADDRESS THE SITUATION.

But why do I ignore them when they insult my beliefs this way?

Because when people have a hate as blinding as that, you should not let yourself stoop to that level of evil. Their hearts have been blackened and they are past the point of listening, hearing, and understanding.

Leave them be...

If a person asks a question about Islam in a rude/mean way or says incorrect things about Islam to be offensive....

Don't be so quick to snap.

If you respond in a kind, calm, and collected way, you are bettering yourself and changing their perspective on Muslims. We are supposed to embody peace! If I were them I'd be sitting there in shock wondering why this person responded with kindness instead of getting upset?

That is called patience.

The Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa'salam endured much and complained little. We have not endured half of what he did so why do we not try to be as patient as he was or react with the same calming mannerisms that he did?

It's ridiculous. Point. Blank. Period.

I remember oh so many months ago, there was a movie made disrespecting and defaming our beloved Prophet (may peace be upon him). Many Muslims were (understandably) angry and responded with violence.

THIS IS NOT CORRECT!!!!!!

Did they stop to think about the fact that they were being baited? People will say and do things to get a rise out of you to prove their bogus points.

In this case they used a movie to get a rise out of Muslims and prove their point of Muslim being violent or disorderly. Don't feed into their nonsense!

Word of advice: When you pay haters no heed, they eventually move on because you're boring to pick on.

No one stopped to think about how the Prophet would have responded if he were alive today.

He probably wouldn't have batted an eye at the creators of this movie even though the film was against him!

But still you react with violence? I can understand why you're upset without a doubt but you shouldn't let such things get to you. They're irrelevant and we know who our Prophet was and who his wives were. That alone should be enough. Everytime I feel myself getting angry, I have to think about that.

I know the truth and what they say does NOT matter.

I hope this was of benifit! It definitely helped me get some things off my mind :) Thanks :D

-Jameelah L.