January 16th - Living Life To The Fullest? (Rant)

January 16, 2013

4th of Rabi Al-Awwal, A.H. 1434

Living Life To The Fullest?

I have been wondering this for the longest because people just love to say it but what is living your life to the fullest?

Let me think about that....

While my mind is computing, I'll tell you what most people consider it to mean. A lot of people consider "living life to the fullest" to mean living life freely without inhibitions or restrictions and such.

My personal opinion on that matter....

Since I am a Muslim girl and I follow the Qur'an and Sunnah of the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa'salam, I don't feel comfortable using this phrase with reference to the above meaning and I'll tell you why in a minute.

Firstly I want to say, YOLO or you only live once is vastly similar to the phrase above.

My take on this:

Firstly as Muslims, we believe that we will have two lives. This life which is temporary and the eternal life in Jannah (Paradise) or Jahannam (Hell Fire may Allah forbid).

So why would you comfortably say you only live once when we know perfectly well that there are six pillars of Iman (Faith) that are crucial to being a Muslim.

1.Belief in Allah

2.Belief in the Angels

3.Belief in the books revealed by Allah

4.Belief in the Messengers of Allah

5.Belief in the ressurrection and the events of Qiyamah (Day of Judgement)

6. Belief in Allah's Decree

Belief in Allah's  decree includes believing that you will have a life after this one! That means you have to believe and understand that.

So with that said, what the bleep kind of sense does it make to be Muslim and walk around saying YOLO just because of who? A rapper? Or maybe your friends, who knows. It's still wrong either way.

Back to the Live Your Life To The Fullest bit of this rant.

There is something that needs to be understood clearly. Living this life to it's fullest is perfectly fine as long as you define "fullest" properly.

"Fullest" does not mean making a fool of yourself and breaking every rule under the sun when you come across the chance to.

Living a good, balanced life is my dream. I want to write books, design houses, do things regarding beauty and fashion, and maybe build a business for myself. I really want to build an orphanage now that I think about it :) Anyway, these are some of my hopes and you know what's cool, none of it is forbidden by Allah :O -gasp-

My interpretation of living my life to the fullest is pleasing Allah first and foremost but that doesn't mean my life with be boring or unfulfilling inshallah. Life is what YOU make it.I can't tell you what to do with your life.

So basically nothing I'm saying is relevant to anyone unless they want it to be LOL I just thought about that -___- Back to the point.

I want to marry a beautiful person, have beautiful children, live through many beautiful Ramadans, make Hajj in the beautiful city of Makkah, and travel around this beautiful world.

Maybe even make some beautiful money lmbo ;) Don't act like you don't know hahaha :P

As much as people want to tell me that I won't be able to live my life to the fullest just because I'm abiding by the laws Allah has placed, that doesn't mean that I'm gonna crack under pressure and do what they think "living life to the fullest" is.

I'm going to live my life as a Muslim insha'allah and it's going to be one hell of a life if I have anything to do with it :P

DON'T YOU EVER THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE MUSLIM YOU CAN'T HAVE A FREAKING AWESOME LIFE OKAY!!!!!

-cough- Sorry, got a little caps crazy for a second there.

But seriously, drinking, partying, smoking, doing drugs, clubbing, sleeping with strangers, popping out a bunch mini yous at 16, & having boyfriends and girlfriends isn't what makes life great. Or at least I hope not....

If so, I've lost hope for humanity -facepalm-

Unless you like that stuff -sideways look-

And I'm pretty sure if you're Muslim...you shouldn't be into that stuff O.o 

Oh God, just please don't lol. It's like terribly depressing to think that there are teenagers period that are so into that stuff. Don't do that shiz!!!!!!! It's like totally Haram dude ~_~

People may think, "Look at that poor girl. she's so oppressed blah blah blah!"

When behind the scenes I'm partying it up the halal way -starts dancing-

Thanks for the concern but I ain't oppressed BIATCH!!! ('scuse mah french)

Anyway can we please take a moment to appreciate two amazing Muslim women, Khadijah radiallahu anha and Aishah radiallahu anha.

Khadijah was one of the most amazing business women ever and Aishah one of the greatest scholars in Islam :D And they were both wives of the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wa'salam<3 How can you not be proud ladies???

They're our role models! Not Nicki Minaj or Rihanna (no offense to them and what they do) but I mean, what do I look like dressed in a jilbab and khimar shaking my butt and rapping or something O.O

You just got a really weird picture in your head didn't you? >.< Because I did.

Anyway my question is, what do you think about this topic? How do you feel?

Comment below <333

Dueces,

-Jameelah L.

If I was wrong in anything I've said regarding Islam, that was my  mistake and if I was correct it was from Allah. Remember, Allah knows best!