the quiet and the stars

"That's where I had my first assist", Mason says pointing to a spot near the goal. We decided to stick around after the game and just wander round the stadium just the two of us, we love having this kind of alone time together, I also love to listen to how passionate Mason is about football and his career, we haven't been together for a long time but he has already showed me that he is the most driven and passionate person I know.

"What's your favourite thing about nights like these?" Mason asks me, I see the lights gleaming in his eyes and a small smirk appearing on his lips. "The quietness of the stadium" I say, stopping in my steps and looking around at all the empty seats. "Why's that then beautiful?" he asks me, with a lot of curiosity in his voice, "because when all the seats are empty and there's no fans cheering, you can truly see just how many people care about something, and I think that's a beautiful thing", Mason tilts his head slightly at me with a beaming smile on his face, "that's the most precious way I've ever heard someone talk about football fans", we both let out a laugh, Mason walks a bit closer to me and links his hand with mine, "follow me, I want to show you my favourite part".

We are hand in hand walking towards the middle of the stadium, I can feel Mason's hand gripping mine tighter, once we reach the centre of the field he stops and turns to me, "lay on the floor" he tells me, "what are you talking about?" I ask him with a giggle in my voice, "just do it!" he says laughing, we both lay on the floor next to each other, "this is my favourite part", we both look up to see all the stars shining above the stadium, the sky is so clear today and you can see everything. "It's beautiful.." I say turning my head to look at Mason, to my surprise he is already looking at me, "so are you" Mason says, rolling closer to me.

He rolls over so he's laying on his stomach and I'm on my back. He is leaning on his elbow to get some height over me, I feel his warm hand stroke the side of my face and he leans in and locks our lips together, our lips dance with each other so in sync with one another. As Mason pulls away he lets out a breath whilst saying "I love you y/n, more than anyone I've ever known", "I love you too Mase, thank you for bringing me here", "of course I'd want to bring my girl to my favourite place when it's empty.. I mean I've seen you in the crowd wearing my shirt and I thought that was out of this world, but being able to lay next to you in an empty stadium looking up at the stars... I wouldn't change it for the world princess"