First day

"Miss Y/n, are you really leaving us?"

I could hear the disappointment in my students voices when they heard about my transfer.

Principal Harry stands next to me while addressing the sudden announcement.

"For those who don't know, Miss Y/n has been given the position to be a college professor at VenVill university."

"WHAT?!" The class gasped as if their life has just been diminished. Aww, I feel so important.

"ALRIGHT! Settle down," the principal advised. "Our teacher is taking a bigger path in her career, be happy for her."

I can tell principal feels the same way too, just from the look in his face. Cant blame him, Losing one of the best, hardworking teachers in the school. It's gotta be tough for him.

He gives me the floor. "Any words you'd like to say, Miss Y/n?" I smiled at my students.

"It's been a great run with every each one of you," I reassured. "I know this is sad news, but can you guys to me a huge favor before I leave?"

"Yeah?"

"Please don't cause trouble for your next teacher. I want you to show the same proper discipline you've shown to me this passed year, okay?"

"You're all good students and I appreciate all of you. I'll be sure to visit and check up on y'all."

"Nooo, bruh. We don't want a new teacher."

"Miss Y/n, can you please stay?"

"This isn't fair."

Ugh, they're making it difficult to leave them. How can I resist that?

I pout at them. "You don't know how hard this is for me. I'm gonna miss everyone!

"Even me?" Luther waved at me.

"Of course, Luther, even you. No matter how many times you get on my nerves."

"Aight aight."

"Real quick, Miss Y/n." The principal guided me out the room for a talk. "Sorry about their agitation..."

I laugh while excusing it. "Please, their agitation helped me boost my tolerance. I'm immune to it."

"Never in my years of being a principal have seen students be this upset over their teacher leaving. Says a lot about you and your relationships with your students."

I didn't notice until he pointed it out. My reputation has really improved in this school.

"It's been an honor having you, I wish you great luck in VenVill. You deserve this opportunity".

We shook hands. "Thank you, sir."

"Of course." He opens the classroom door again. "Everyone say their last goodbyes to our teacher."

"Bye, Miss Y/n!"

"We miss you already!"

I held my chest. "Aww, I'll see y'all soon, okay?" Ugh, let me get out of here before I get emotional.

VenVill • Sunday

Chancellor Yunessa insisted a tour around the campus with her so I can get comfortable

"How do you feel, Miss Y/n? About tomorrow I mean."

"Never felt so excited!" I'm wearing my professional outfit to have my best first impression as the new professor.

"This is the move-in day, that way you can have plenty of time to move into your classroom without any disturbances."

"Of course, of course." Sora's not expecting me. I never told him about my transfer. It's gonna a hell of a surpri—

Before I could react, someone knocks into me from my side with full impact. "Ow dammit—"

"Oh shīt." One of his books falls out of his grasp. As I move my hair out of the way, we make eye-contact. "Uh..."

"Goodness, are you alright?" Chancellor Yunessa asked in concern.

"Y-Yeah." I dusted off my dress and collect the files that was falling out of my envelopes until I touch a novel.

"Oh, is this yours?" I picked the novel up and turned around, only to notice he's gone. Damn, did I just run into Flash's cousin or something?

The chancellor laughs embarrassingly. "Apologies. He clearly didn't see where he was going. Let's continue?"

"Yes, let's." I guess I'll hold on to this novel. Who the hell even was that?

Later...

We make it inside the building. Jesus, this school is huge. Almost a bit imitating actually...

"Let me guide you to your class so you can get situated with your things."

We enter the hallway stairs. Ugh, my legs walking up these stairs, I forgot how many levels a university consisted.

After we arrived at the 3rd floor, the chancellor unlocks the door and welcomes me in my new room. Holy shīt...that's huge.

"All yours! Get yourself comfy

"All yours! Get yourself comfy. If you have any questions, my emails are always open."

"Thank you for the tour, Miss Yunessa. And thanks again for this position also."

"It's well deserved," she promised. "I'll leave it to you." I was left with the whole room by myself. This class is beautiful.

I set my schedules on my desk along with my other files.

Teaching college students are gonna be way different from teaching high schoolers. Guess the good thing is they're more mature, though I can't say the same for Sora's childish behavior.

A minute later, I hear the door open again. I assumed it was the chancellor thinking she forgot something, but...

"Hol up, bro. I gotta get something from this class real qui..." Sora enters the room. He notices I'm in here but doesn't recognize me until he walks closer. "Holy fućk..."

// Continue //