Chapter Twelve

Plane of Euthymia

"Indulge my curiosity. What is the reason I find you standing here before me once again?"

Ei crossed her arms as she speaks with the Traveler.

"Do you hope your foolhardiness will shelter those people? Or... Was it simply a means of seeking an audience with me?"

She continued.

"The Fatui have deceived the Raiden Shogun and the Vision Hunt Decree should never have existed."

Lumine said as she somewhat felt like she has to say something more but she can't figure it out who or what is it. She grits her teeth at the thought.

She then met Ei's eyes as Ei just chuckled.

"Oh? Sure you didn't rouse me from my state of eternal meditation only to tell me this?"

Ei went back to her usual gaze. She closes her eyes and continues her speech.

"If so, then you underestimate me. I am quite well-informed about the Vision Hunt Decree."

"You know everything that's going on outside?"

Lumine asked in disbelief.

"Not so. Only everything that pertains to eternity... The Vision Hunt Decree has my tacit approval.

The Fatui's actions thus far do not constitute a threat to eternity, otherwise they would have been purged long ago."

Ei crossed her arms once again as she stares at Lumine who were not happy on what she had heard.

"But the Vision Hunt Decree is damaging and It comes at a great cost to the people in Inazuma."

Lumine clenched her fists as she speaks.

"Individual ambition is inherently incompatible with eternity...

What you might not realize is that all too often... People have fat more to lose by chasing their dreams.

Consider this- no one will lose their life on account of having their Vision taken away..."

Lumine listened closely to Ei.

"Rather, those who have lost their lives are the ones who insisted on pursuing their own aspirations, are they not?"

Ei continued as Lumine remembered her resistance partner.

"Traveler, your existence is unique in my eyes... There seems to be limitless of uncertainty in you.

To put it another way, you are the furthest thing from eternity."

"..."

"So I won't insist that you comprehend the meaning of my actions. What matters is that I tread the path of eternity on my people's behalf."

Ei closes her eyes as she awaited for Lumine's response.

"This is your Plane of Euthymia... It is created by your consciousness, yes?"