Chapter 18: A call

Graces P.O.V

I'm not going to the dance, for two reasons and two reasons only. One, Brad will be there to piss me off and make me hate being at the dance and two, demons will be there running around killing people. After what happen to Mrs.Sunny and seeing an actual demon, that would be a total suicide if I go to the dance. After school was over I planned on watching "Nightmare on Elm Street" hoping that I'll forget about the dance. God I put so much work into the dance and I'm not even going! It's not fair demons and Brad have to ruin everything. The sooner they leave the better. As I shoved my books in my locker out of anger, I heard footsteps passing by but then it completely stopped once it got closer to me. Oh please let it be Drake please oh please. Speaking of Drake I haven't seen him all day today so it felt weird without him here. I began fumbling with some loose papers so that it looks like I was doing something until the person walked away, but they didn't. I already know its going to Brad ,I just have a feeling it's him right behind me. Ok I just need to turn around and act like it's nothing. I turned to see no one was behind me, weird must be my imagination. I went back around to close my locker...

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" I screamed by the sight of Brad leaning against my locker with a sly grin on his face. Ughh that douchebag! He was messing with me the whole time. By my response he just laughed at me. "Happy Halloween." He said with amusement in his eyes.

"Go to Hel--" Oh yeah can't really tell him to go to Hell since he is a devil. Gah fuck my life! Gotta think of something clever...

"Go to Heaven!" I retorted.

Brads eyebrows squinted with confusion and gave me the "what the fuck" look but then he stared down at me and his arrogant smirk was plastered on his face. You know what I don't have time for his bullshit he already ruined everything as it is. I walked off turning away from him but I should already know that he will come running back, and he did. He was right beside me following my pace still grinning at me like he has something smart to say. All I need to do is just ignore him and keep walking thank God school was over.

"So I bet your excited for the dance that EVERYONE is talking about." Brad stated mockingly but I just kept walking.

"It's a shame really that I have no one to take...maybe" He trailed off and pretended that he was deep in thought with his hand rubbing his chin. He quickly snapped his fingers as if he got the answer. "I know why I don't I take Grace Hutson! Not! Haha!"

I could feel my whole face burning as I was pacing faster. Ugghh that evil, man whore, cocky,sarcastic, good for nothing, womanizing BASTARD! I stopped to turn back to him. Anger boiled through my body at the sight of his teasing grin. I wanted to ignite him on fire, kill him, or do something to wipe that stupid grin off of his face.

"Listen Brad I don't care! Your words don't affect me so I don't see why your even talking about it! And besides I have other important things I need to do." I shot him the most deadliest glare I could master. Brad rolled his eyes while running his hand through his dirty blonde hair. "Someone seems they can't take a joke." He staggered. I just kept walking keeping my distance between Brad. I noticed that all the girls along the hallway was gwaking at Brad as he passed them by. They would quickly glance at him then immediately exchange whispers to their girlfriends or looked at him flirtatiously. I bet he gets this all the time which is probably the reason why he has a major ego. But Brad didn't seem like they didn't exist and almost seemed lost in thought, staring off into the distance. Suddenly Rebica came walking towards us. Great now she is going to come over and yell at Brad, as usual. Brad gave the same reaction as I did which was rolling his eyes with annoyance at the sight of Rebica. But something seems different about her she doesn't look as mad as she usually does. Instead she looked calm.... well until she saw me. Her eyes looked at me then Brad then back at me for clarity. What's her deal? Brad was just as confused as I was by the look on his face.

"What is it Rebica?" Brad demand.

Rebica looked at us confused then she locked her eyes with mine. I felt like she was looking deep into my soul that gave me an uneasy feeling.

"Rebica?" Brad said breaking the trance. And just when I thought Rebica wasn't going to be mad her face became livid.

"YOU TOLD HER!"She screeched. What the Hell? I thought she knew I found out about Brads secret... and how did she find out? Brad quickly grabbed Rebica by the arm and took her around a corner disappearing within seconds. Good thing Brad took her away because I was 5 seconds until I started running away from her. I hate to admit it but I was a little afraid of Rebica and not to mention she is a devil. So you could imagine I nearly ran out of the school before I could see Rebica again. Thankfully the limo was waiting for me.

After the long drive I was safe and sound in my own home. Silence greeted me as I walked into the house, Oh yeah I'll be home alone since Sarah is going to take the day off with her grandchildren for Halloween. Great now I'm going to be super bored AND not going to the party ,this is just peachy. So I began playing the movie I planned to watch then started watching a bunch of other movies like "13 going on 30", "White Chicks", and other chick flick movies. It was 9:45 PM by the time I was done and completely bored of watching movies. I just realized the party will be starting in like 30 minutes which made me feel a little depressed. As I traveled my way upstairs my phone began to vibrate in my left pocket. I checked the collar ID to see it Drakes name.

"Hello." I greeted cheerfully.

Muffles came onto the line until I heard Drakes voice.

"Gracy where are you? The party is awesome!"

I sighed disappointed. Man he is going to have so much fun with all his friends, Brad, and ...wait Oh No! THE DEMONS! I forgot to tell him!

"Drake get out of the party!" I said urgently. Louder muffles responded and Drakes voice came in and out.

"I'll-see-you.."

Suddenly it was completely quiet and the screen on my phone

showed that the call was disconnected.