Chapter 15: A dark room

( Please let me know on the comments bellow what you guys think of the characters)

All I remember was that I fainted. Honestly there's no way it could all be real with Mrs.Sunny being a monster and Brad being.. Whatever he was.

"Grace." A low deep whisper said in my ear.

I snapped open my eyes and sat up. I was on a bed in a dark room. I could tell there was somebody in a dark corner standing there and watching me.

"Who's there? Please don't kill me." I pleaded.

The dim lights flickered on showing Brad standing in the corner with his hands dug in his pockets. He had on blue jeans and a white V neck shirt that showed off his muscular arms.

"Shut the hell up Grace I'm not going to kill you." He said in a husky voice.

The room was huge and had a big glass window that was almost the size of my front double doors. Everything was black, the floors the walls, the bed, everything. He came closer and I scooted back a little.

"How did I get here? Where am I? And how did..."

"Dammit Grace calm the fuck down, your safe. Your fear is pathetic and there's nothing for you to be afraid of." He said cutting me off.

He sat by the edge of the bed and looked at me calmly. I took a deep breath.

"What are you?" I muttered.

He chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm what you call a devil."

This can not be happing! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPING! Come on Grace wake up! This is all had to be a dream!

I tried to make out a laugh. "Real funny Brad but we all know that devils aren't real and that this is all just a dream."

"Is it?" He smirked at me deadly and his eyes shifted into a piercing blood red. Somehow he was sitting right next to me in a flash. His fingers pinched my arm roughly and I let out a yelp.

"Ow! What the hell..."

Then I realized that he was just proving his point to me that this was all real.

"Believe me now?"

I nodded slightly and I felt like I was unable to speak. I'm sitting and talking with the devil... I'm talking to THE devil. I can't believe any of this but it was real. Why does the devil want me? Is it trying save me for a snack or to take my soul?! Am I going to Hell? I shivered by the terrible thought. He let out a sigh and shook his head. He looked at me and his eyes turned into the honey brown, washing away the red. I suddenly felt relaxed and unafraid like I was able to speak again. Wait brown... red... It all started to come together. He was the thing from that night.

"So you were the one that saved me from that night... with the three guys chasing me."

He looked confused at first but then he snickered. "Oh that... I wouldn't really call it saving you, just doing what I came here to do."

"And what's that?" I asked curiously.

"None of your business."

I stood up in anger. "I have every right to know what happen that night! Do you have any idea how much I sat and wondered what the hell happened and if I was going crazy or not? And considering your the devil and all, I thought your the evil thing that tortures souls or some shit. So why rescue you me? Why couldn't you let me just die?"

He stood up and crossed his arms. "Maybe you should've died since you completely don't appreciate the fact that you are still alive. And again I was only doing what I had to do. I don't need to give you any reasons why or tell you what I'm here for."