Pt. 2 Sorta Mortal

You return to the mortal realm, eating KFC with Aphrodite.

Aphrodite: Well, it's been a few years, hasn't it?

Y/N: Yeah. We should do this more often.

Aphrodite: Yes. It's a pity you'll only be around for a thousand years.

Y/N: You think I'm lasting a thousand with my lifestyle? You're the goddess of love, not smarts is all I'm saying. Anyway, thanks for the feed.

You leave after a longer conversation and arrive just on time to a chess session with Athena.

Athena: Checkmate.

Y/N: Fuck. Forty three, nil.

You roll your eyes, she won't rub it in sure but it was still humiliating to some degree, though only those in the library at the time were witness to it.

Y/N: Whatever.

Athena: Sure. You know Ares can kick my ass at this. I think the score's forty three, sixty six his way.

Y/N: I thought you said kick your ass.

Athena: He's the strategist, but I'm still smart.

Y/N: We should play a tabletop game at some point. Let's see who's the strategist then.

Athena: Sure.

You leave to have a few drinks with the Norse god Thor.

Y/N: Woo. Irish whiskey. Am I right?

Thor: Nectar worthy of us gods.

Y/N: True that. I mean I'm kinda a Demi God but you know.

Thor: Nonsense, you killed a Titan. Aphrodite couldn't kill one, and she might be the love goddess but she packs a mighty swing.

Y/N: Would you know?

Thor: I trained with her once. She had enough power to knock me down. She's no Ares but she packs a bit.

Y/N: To think we almost lost that.

Thor: Were it not for you.

Y/N: Lucifer stabbed me, I killed a few Titans and demons. What of it?

Thor: You saved both Aph and Hermes, who ended up being crucial players, holding the line before Ares showed up and mowed everything down.

Y/N: Yeah. Anyway, another drink?

Thor: Sure.

You settle down at the home you built, and lie down on the bed. You pull out a laptop from a bag under the bed.

You look at it with a blank expression.

Y/N: One of the mortals recommended this 'anime' thing to me, let's see.

You download an app for watching before opening it.

Y/N: Right, sounds shit, sounds shit, come on.

You come across My Hero Academia

Y/N: What's this?

You start watching.

Y/N: Men aren't born equal, no shit.

Four days later.

You had finished watching the anime.

Unlike that guy, I have a damn social life, although I have to say, some of the female characters are... interesting.

You think with the image of Nejire Hado in your head.

Shit. I think I've been hooked On a character who doesn't exist. Wow. Trust me to find love where I can't- wait no.

You meet up with Hermes.

Y/N: Ayo Flash.

Hermes: Well, what are we going to do?

Y/N: I don't know man, you arranged this.

Hermes: We could go up top and do some go-karts.

Y/N: Hell yeah.

You go up and race, he beats you by only four seconds.

Y/N: I had you, I was this close.

You leave a minuscule space between your index and thumb, emphasising the size of the space.

Hermes: I still got you. Right. Um, you wanna go to another world?

You perk up. Another world?

Hermes: Let's go.

He grabs you and spins so fast that you crack reality, ending up in a forest.

Y/N: Okay?

You see nothing more than trees, goblins, ogres and man sized pink flowers that released a pink gas.

Y/N: The fuck?

A girl with red hair approaches you both, wearing clothing that if not all put together would have resulted in her being scantily clad.

???: Who are you?

Y/N: I'm Y/N. That's Hermes. Who are you?

???: Ayura. I'm on a mission to stop a succubus with some huge crystal.

Y/N: We could help. I mean, I've dealt with a few succubi before.

Ayura: Umm, how?

Y/N: Well, you see, I'm a Demi-God and Hermes is a full God.

Ayura: Shit okay.

You grab onto Hermes, destroying every enemy she had to face, the bosses required only marginally more energy to one-shot.

The Biomancer, The Weird Thing, The Skeleton Creature, The Pig Head Man and finally, The Succubus, all were killed.

You return to the forest.

Ayura: Great. Now can you go to town and get rid of the creepy guy in the bathroom?

Y/N: Yeah, we've seen enough creepy guys for one day. So wait? How good are you?

She shows you her moves, involving air combos, lightning fast strikes and extensive use of kicks. You'd hate to admit, but her technique was better than yours.

Y/N: Yeah. Well, see ya.

Hermes starts to leave, you grab on. You return to your world.

Y/N: So, you can do that whenever?

Hermes: Yeah, basically.

Y/N: Hmmm. That was a fictional world, yes?

Hermes: Yep. I'm telling you, glad we stepped in, she would've been um.. you see the enemies would have...

Y/N: I get it. You could send me to an anime universe, yes?

Hermes: You into anime?

Y/N: Only this super popular one I found, My Hero Academia, you heard of it?

Hermes: Let me guess, you got enthused by one of the female characters. Well, I do owe you a favour.

Y/N: It's fine. Not like any of 'em would like me.

Hermes: True that. Well, if you change your mind, you know where to find me.

Y/N: Sure that.

You go to leave, to relax at the beach.

Should be fun.

You go home, packing your sunshade, board shorts, sunscreen, not like I can get cancer but sunburn still hurts like a bitch. You also pack a towel and a few other things you needed.