19| captian

'We have breaking news. There's a complete lockdown at the GRC meeting in Lower Manhattan where authorities are saying they're tracking multiple threats from groups seeking to stop the GRC's vote on global resettlement. There is a no-fly zone in effect and the NYPD has the area secured for the moment. Everyone is urged to stay clear.'

Both Bucky and Vivian walking down the street right in front of the GRC building as Sam was talking in their ear, the woman only half paying attention to what he said as she was also focusing on what the news reporter had just said.

"I'm almost there."

"What's the plan?" Bucky asked, turning around every few half a minutes to check if they were being tailed.

"Karli's gotta be close. Keep your eyes open."

"Well, it could be anybody." Vivian said as they passed two soldiers, referring to them as "Sergeant Barnes" and "Agent Fury".

"And by the way, I called in some backup."

"Excuse sir, are you suppose to be here?"

The couple turned around at the unknown voice of a man coming up behind them. 'He' tapped his temple once and the face alteration mask started to faze before she pulled it off. It was Sharon.

"It's me." She said.

"Sharon, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Relax. No one's looking for me here." She placed a hand on the back of both their shoulders, standing in between them as she urged them forward a few steps before Sam's voice stopped them.

"Is that Sharon?"

"Unfortunately." Bucky said, causing Vivian to slap his arm softly.

"Hey Sam. I thought I'd get the band back together." She said into the mic.

"Thank you. You're risking a lot coming here."

"I hear pardons aren't all they're cracked up to be anyway."

"Depends on the therapist."

"They'll move on the building soon. Be ready."

"I'm always ready." Vivian said with a slight smirk before looking up to see Sam flying hundreds of feet above them.

***

"Sharon, Vivian, Bucky, what's going on on your end?"

"Nothing. All quiet." The soldier replied as they moved along the outside of the large building.

"No ones moving towards the building." 'Marrow' said as well.

"Karli's not coming in. She's trying to force everybody out. You guys are gonna have to do something. Don't let them out of the building." The last two sentences came slightly delayed because of something on his end but they got the message.

The three of them walked into the building and through the metal detectors, Bucky and Vivian turning around to look at Sharon when the alarms went off on the machine.