Chapter 1- Forgive and Forget

I've made a lot of changes and slowly, I'm editing one chapter, per week. If you're confused about few things, then don't hesitate to ask me.

Chapter 1- Forgive and Forget.

"Sophia..." My sister shouted my name from the living room.

"Yeah Rose, I'm coming." I lazily dragged myself from my bedroom to the living room with a pack of potato chips in one hand and my Ipod on the other one.

She was trying to tie her hair and shove her foot into the shoes at the same time. As soon as she saw me, her face visibly relaxed.

"Can you do me a favour, please.
It's urgent."

"What favour?" I asked and popped a handful of chips in my mouth.

She gave me a sheepish look and scratched her head,"Uh... mom asked me to do the grocery shopping and I'm already running late for the college. Can you do it for me."

"No," I rolled my eyes at her. Of course she didn't do her work on time, left everything for the last minute and now, she expects me to do that for her. It was not my responsibility, so I'm not going to do it.

Her face dropped and tried to give me a puppy dog eyes. It works on all the boys, but it didn't even have a slightest effect on me. She widened her eyes and spoke,"One last time, please. I'll eve give extra money, so that you can buy something for yourself too."

That was tempting, but at the same time I was very lazy. I would have to change out of my comfy sweatshirt and cotten short and wear a freaking jeans! Plus the supermarket is a five minutes walk from my place, so I'll have to walk.

But her offer sound very appealing. My junk food collection had began to decrease, so I had to refill it. I could use her money to do so.

"Okay," I finally agreed and her face lite up. She came forward to hug me, but took two steps back. I agree everything had been going right, but I still get angry at her all the time. Maybe, I need more time to forgive and forget.

Her face dropped, but she gathered herself, offered me a tiny smile and said," Thank you so much! The list of the things is written on the post-it which is stuck on the fridge.  Neatly write it down on a piece of paper and the money is in the envelope which is on the couter top beside the fridge. It includes enough money for your junk food."

"Ok," I shrugged and threw the empty packet of chips in the dust bin and washed my hands. I quickly dried them, grabbed a pen and a notepad and began copying the food items on a piece of paper.

After that, I went back to my room and managed to change out of my comfy clothes. I just wore a yellow T-back and paired with my black skinny jeans. I tied my hair in a pony tail and didn't bother with any make-up. I'm going to grocery shopping, not some fashion show.

I quickly got down, grabbed the list and I saw my sister sitting on the couch, busy painting her toenails. What happened to being late and not able to reach her college on time?

She might've felt the intensity of my murderous glare because she suddenly lifted her head.

"I got the message that I have to leave after five minutes," she said and resumed her work.

If she would be leaving after the next five minutes then why on Earth is she painting her toenails? She knows that they'll spoil easily and they take more than five minutes to dry properly.

I did not even bother to ask her anything. I simply grabbed the list, tucked it in my jean pocket, slipped my feet in my converse and left the house.

As I mentioned before, it was only a five minutes walk, so within no time, I reached there.

I grabbed a cart from the corner and pushed it using my elbows. My hands were occupied as I removed ig from my pocket and went through it again.