14

Coughing, Jyn gradually raised her head, which had begun to throb thanks to the explosion and the shock wave that landed her on the floor. A few years ago she had said Toretto and his crew, wreak havoc wherever they show up, but Deckard and Hobbs were on the same level. Easy.

"It's all right honey," Jyn pressed a kiss between Shenzi's ears in response, as she had come over to her, nudging her cheek repeatedly with her nose and giving a slight whimper, "I love you. Where are.... oh man, there."

Relieved, Jyn straightened up and sat on the floor, pulling Ginger and Brook to her to see if they had sustained any injuries from the blast. At first glance, it didn't look like it. No wounds and they could walk normally, but it was hard to tell if their hearing had been affected.

As for Brixton, he was chasing Hattie, Hobbs and Deckard. Well, have fun. Was only to hope that it did not come to a second London. What Owen and Toretto, and their people, pulled didn't need to happen again. Everything these people touch gets broken. Once this was over, then it was over for good for them. Slowly, enough is enough.

At some point it really was enough, because so far Jyn had always gotten off fairly lightly. Until now, but that wouldn't always be the case. Sooner or later it always comes as one thinks and then it was too late. Accordingly, a big no thanks.

Where were they going? There was nothing for Hattie, Deckard and Hobbs to go to, because, on Jyn's way through the city, her phone answered and everywhere there were screens, it was announced that the three of them were from now on, wanted criminals. For Deckard and Hobbs this classification should be nothing new anymore.

A second message came a few moments later, from an unknown number, with a London address and attached, several pages from the real estate market. Now had that been a commitment? And if it was, it was not what Jyn actually wanted from the person. Nevertheless, she now knew that her entries and comments had been discovered. Someone probably possessed boredom, as that she simply stamped it.

The ringing of a bell, a doorbell, was heard, at which Shenzi, Ginger, and Brook each jumped up on a table, in the empty store, and looked to the three people in the doorway. A ringa ding ding.

"What?" a woman's voice cursed, because it couldn't be that the animals were already back where they three were, "Where are they from, please?"

"From Africa. To be more specific, from the savannah of Nairobi," Jyn replied boredly; raised her bottle of bourbon in their direction in greeting and looked to Hobbs, "Get one of them around Hobbs and I'll do to you what Krono's kids did to him."

"That's good to know," Hobbs replied nodding and looking from Brook, to Shenzi to Ginger following their every move, "What did they do to him?"

"Chopped him up and threw him in Tartarus," after taking a sip from the bottle, Jyn pulled her cheeks inward and looked to them, panting, "But, I'm not even going to get to that, because, they may eat the animals in their pack when one of them dies, but until then, they kill for each other. Meaning, if you kill one of them, you make yourself hyena food. Yes, they are not without, nevertheless it was love at first sight when I saw the three cubs in the steppe. They don't go for the body, like arms or legs, but directly for the neck to bite through the main artery to make the prey bleed to death. Now that's what I call, a nice little encounter."

"And who is she now, please?" spoke up Hattie, who of the three of them, had not forgotten that the clock was ticking, and against her, "Another ghost from the past?"

"Not a ghost," someone had not gone mute after all, as Jyn thought, because Deckard had not uttered a single word to date, "My ex-wife, Wife, to be more specific well, because there was no divorce."

And this thing, Nobody still had to take care of.