08

The night is darkest just before the dawn comes. And here is my promise. The dawn is coming. Always. But..... In the darkness, there are no rules. So tonight..... Do what you want. Kill who you want. And when morning comes, you too joky.... will be reborn.

No sooner had Toretto's black Dodge sped past Deckard and Jyn than Deckard put the car in gear and drove right behind, until the Dodge was brought to an unintended stop because something was blocking his way. Pierce, Hobbs, Parker with Ramsey, Letty and Eric blocked Toretto from continuing. At that moment, Toretto took a look in the rearview mirror, however, his way back was blocked by Deckard and Jyn as well. Game on.

"I've got a really bad feeling about this," after Deckard cracked his neck, Jyn sat up straight in her seat and tensely put a hand on the dashboard, "This is kind of taking too long. What's he waiting for? He must be up to something. Somehow it had been too easy and easy, is not his style. It's not like him."

"Stop.... please stop, honey. Once. Maybe it would be beneficial not to see everything, from the beginning, negatively. I'm sure the bitch already has a plan to get the goods to her unscathed," Deckard patiently watched the proceedings, but Jyn only let out a snort because she obviously disagreed, "Just a suggestion. Don't have to take it."

Of course. Even better than accepting a suggestion from Deckard Shaw about waiting and letting it come to you, it was Ramsey's announcement and the fact that Toretto had just stolen a nuclear case. Well, the launch codes for nuclear missiles. Bomb.

Engine roar and gas play, that's all that happened at first. Then, for no apparent reason, Toretto hit the gas and headed straight for the group in front of him. What had Toretto..... oh..... That..... Now all the wall had to do was stop.

"Eric," Jyn warned him firmly via headset, which was already turning into a threat, but too late, because his oh-so-great plan to stop Toretto completely backfired and only caused Toretto to escape, smashing a flower store in the process, which is why Jyn then rubbed his forehead and raised his eyebrows, "Jerk."

"Great friend you've got there," Deckard sneered, driving after the others as fast as he could, which Eric's turn ruined and thus slowed Deckard down, so that now, really annoyed, he ran his hand over his face and shifted up a gear in quick succession, "You could get jealous. Sorry but competition, would look different. What else do you see in this guy?"

"He's charming, possesses a nice smile, isn't exactly unathletic.... ", Jyn began enumerating looking up at the ceiling as if reading it from up there, and at the word unathletic, Deckard looked suspiciously at her, "..... he's taller than you. So makes quite a bit of difference. And what's additional in his favor, he's significantly younger than you are. All these components add up to a really great result. You can make one or the other smear. You have to do it either way with a person. Acceptance is the key word."

"You really know how to make a man feel like he's the only one," Deckard puffed, rubbing his nose with his thumb, trying not to lose sight of Toretto in all the traffic, "The only one among many. Maybe you should have waited before finding a new one. I would have been worth it, at least."

"If only I'd known sooner. How convinced someone is of themselves right now. Delightful," Jyn pulled out her phone with a snort, pressed her feet against the dashboard, and began to skim the map, of the entire city complete with construction sites, detours, and closed roads, "You can't imagine that I really missed you. Even though we were never together permanently or for a longer period of time, or rather could be, it was still better than the last months. And it will only be worse because we don't know what will be when it's over. One on the, Nobody makes sure you don't have to go back to prison. If not, which I don't think you will, other authorities will take care of it. It will never be the same again. Now add to that the fact that I'm on the list that belong to you. This great watch list ensures that I am now not only checked once, but ten times. With us, everything is just getting worse and worse. There's nothing about it always getting worse before it gets better. No, just when you think it can't get any worse, we're proven wrong. So far it got worse every time. Not better. How can it be that with us, always one is put on it? Our karma account shouldn't look that bad. Mine, at least."