06

Eventually, it was Hobbs who contacted Jyn and sent her an address to a building that was actually meant for office space. Carefully, she rolled the Ferrari backwards into the elevator, went almost all the way to the top, and didn't start the engine again until the elevator had come to a stop. Just starting the engine attracted complete attention. Completely unnecessary. That there were really people who thought it was great if you had to hear the engine howl every time you started, changed gears or accelerated. Such an unnecessity. And on top of all that, it didn't come and stay a really nice car. There were already a few cars on the floor, and she rolled over to them and added the Ferrari. Even as she unbuckled her seatbelt and almost got out, she had noticed that the small group had fallen silent and had followed the car as if spellbound. Tension was building. Who's getting out of this car now? Hobbs must have told them after all..... Or, it seemed, rather not.

"So, there we have Dominic Toretto and Brian O'Connor....," Jyn amusedly clacked high heels boots over to the group, glancing around and just fleetingly to the side, ".... And Hobbs. Yes..... The rest.... I don't know. Is everyone still alive or did someone die in London's demolition?"

"All alive. You were the one when we tried to arrest Shaw, right?" a balding man who had been surveying his shoulder until just now and now joined them wanted to know, "Didn't your boss want Shaw bad?"

"Some jackass with a silver Interceptor turned my beloved Ghibli into scrap metal," Jyn replied with a grumbling smile, stopping in front of a table with her hands in the pockets of her biker jacket and skimming the plans on there, "Um.... Yes.... but it seems to me..... Owen Shaw was one, no..... two, three or five steps ahead of you all..... Is that all you've got? Impressive. Seriously, impressive. Impressively little. Did the breaker give you just that little?"

It was really impressive to see how much trust Hopps had in Toretto, O'Connor and the rest of the crew. And this despite the fact that he was enlisting their help. Shouldn't they play with their cards on the table then.....? At least in terms of information that concerned Owen Shaw.

"So let's get to Owen Shaw," Jyn finally got to the point, the real reason for this meeting, and looked happily around the room, "How are you going to catch him?"

"It all depends," Toretto replied curtly, looking to her with anticipation, as did the rest of those here, "What did you have in mind?"

"That's not an option," Jyn immediately corrected, so that was already clear, and steadfastly met Toretto's gaze, because his 'totally depends' included dead, "I'm leaning more towards alive. And not just me."

"And what if I have to shoot him?" asked Toretto in response, to which Jyn calmly pulled a pistol from the back of his pants and pointed it at him, "What a surprise."

"Shoot you first. Like I said, dead is not an option," Jyn replied dryly, causing Hobbs to immediately look up, pointing his own pistol at the back of her head, Jyn's gaze barely noticeably shifting to Hobbs over her shoulder, now holding the puck with his other hand at shoulder level and waving it around, "We don't want to blow any frames right away, huh? Or do any of you see it differently? Thought so."

"Seems like I've heard that somewhere before," laughed a dark-skinned man -who apparently didn't take it seriously- but Jyn gave him an unnerved look, which immediately silenced him again, "Woah, you must be the life of the party at every party."

"Wow, you are so..... So.... So not funny. Not one bit..... And Hobbs. The gun, otherwise..... ouch. We're all dead and Owen Shaw is carrying on as before. Like nothing's wrong. Tick, tock, ticktackticktack...." in time, Jyn began to snap, only taking the puck down when Hobbs finally put his gun away and then tucking hers back into the back of his pants as well, "Well it works. Why not do it like that? We've already cleared up one thing, shall we move on?"

"Shouldn't we first learn who you work for and why it's so important that Shaw stays alive?" interjected O'Connor, crossing his arms in front of his chest and looking at Jyn curiously, "Might help ease this tense situation. We don't know you. We're supposed to trust you? Here you go. We're listening."

"Suffice it to say that you all know who I am. Since someone from the Diplomatic Security Service is present, it won't be a problem to have my information confirmed. Yes, I know who you are Hobbs. Very well. Six years Homeland, then went to London and was with the Security Service until a couple of years ago. Now I'm a journalist......", unimpressed, Jyn brushed down the right side of her jacket so her shoulder blade could be seen and turned her back on them, "Yeah, you've heard it before. Like any of you have. At least should have. Every single one of those nine. Achja.... My so-called 'boss', as you say, is not my boss, but someone I do a favor for. One likes to help colleagues. And so, we're back to the beginning. My name is Jyn Blake and if anyone from Owen kills Shaw, he's dead. Here's to a good working relationship."

That smile hurt. Extremely hurt. But what choice did Jyn have? Dropping in on Owen Shaw and making his situation clear to him didn't seem to do much, so this was option two. A third would have been a dream, but there was no other. None that she had thought of so far, or wanted to think of. She still had friends in all agencies, but unfortunately it was not an option. Any one of them would give Owen Shaw the boot. The main thing was, all this would finally come to an end. No matter how. Therefore not an option.