10 - You can't fight love

....

Cameron rolled his blunt carefully, sitting in the living room in total silence. All weekend Kiss haunted his thoughts and the fact that she was away with Jermaine only made it heavier and in some aspects worse. It was also guilt that Cameron felt, guilt that Sandra had been so affectionate and passionate candle lit dinner, romantic movies, bubble bath, an oil massage, she even went out and bought new lingerie but he still struggled to reciprocate the gesture. Cameron glared up once he saw Sandra nosily peering over him with her hands firmly fitted on her waist.

“Is this all you’re gonna do, smoke weed all day and get high; when exactly are you going back to work?” She asked and Cameron lit the blunt immediately inhaling the substance it contained; this was to prevent him taking out his frustration on her.

“Well Matthew emailed me the blue print I need to complete for the new building we’re working on, I can either work on it here or at the art studio which ever suits me best”

“And you think getting high is going to help?”

“Did you come in here to start an argument or something; haven’t you got a photoshoot to get ready for?”

Cameron hissed back, exhaling the fumes into the atmosphere as Sandra stared at him in thought.

“Yes but you are also my concern”

“You make it sound like you’re my mother and I’m your child”

“That’s not my intention Cameron, I just care for you that’s all, don’t understand why you’re so moody lately anyway; I haven’t done anything wrong have I?”

“No, no you haven’t. It’s me, got a lot on my mind at the moment”

“Care to share?” Sandra intriguingly asked, sitting on Cameron’s lap just as he laid back.

“Nothing that I can’t handle” Cameron simply replied and Sandra nodded unconvinced. She wanted to know what was bothering Cameron but knew deep down he wouldn’t tell her. She shortly left, rushing to the address Lisa had texted her not before calling Kiss and cancelling today.

“Hey Kiss?” She politely called, just as Kiss answered.

“Sandra?”

Kiss was unsure if it was indeed Sandra. Sandra never spoke to her in such a polite manner and the sudden change, scared her.

“Yes it’s me, I just wanted to call and reschedule today. I’ve got a photoshoot that I need to go to so you can come down tomorrow and we can view them venues?”

“Sure, that’s fine. Ermm- Sandra, are you feeling alright today?”

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”

“No reason” Kiss lied, in deep thought. “See you tomorrow, bye”

“Bye” Sandra said in a gracious tone. Kiss stared at the phone for a minute or two, trying to figure out why Sandra was suddenly being so nice and why now of all days?

Brushing that to the back of her thoughts, the reflective flashback of the weekend she endured came painfully rushing back with vengeance. She groaned, with her face buried into the palm of her hands.

“Lord, give me the strength! Please let Jermaine forgive me...” She moaned looking up to the ceiling for a sign of any form, a sign that things were soon going to get better and better soon.

....

                                                             KISS