Chapter VIII

Pov harry

"And then Fenrir threw Sirius upside down in the trashcan." Dad finishes his story as we are both laughing, dad because of the memory and me for imagining it. Sirius deserved that honestly.

"So he threw him in a trashcan just because he-" I started saying before I'm interrupted by a knock on dad's office door. We shoot a look at each other before dad calls out for them to come in. The door opens and we see Dray standing there, bouncing up and down on his feet like he always does, he really has way to much energy.

"Hey Tom, Hey Ray. Mom told me to come get you two for dinner, she said she and dad had something to tell everyone." Dray says. Dad and me nod and we stand up. I walk over to the bookcase to put away the book I was reading before dad was telling me a story, I put it on the plank that dad had emptied of all his books so I could put some of my books there. I pick up my bag and walk over to Dray who's still standing at the door waiting for us. Meanwhile dad puts away all of the files and letters in the right drawers and cabinets and also walks over to us.

We walk out of the office and dad closes the door behind us. While we are walking through the halls I started to think about the idea of moving to an other house. I mean I haven't lived here for so long so it would be the easiest to get used to a new home.

For dray it would already be harder since he has been living here for five years, a big part of his childhood. I actually don't know much about his life before he came to live at the manor, all I know is that his parents died, or at least that is what I got from the things he did tell me. I understand that he doesn't want to talk about it, maybe something really bad happened to them or they are the same as the Dursleys and that's why he doesn't want to talk about them.

I personally don't like talking about the Dursleys either, I rather forget about them. I mean they finally can't hurt me anymore now that they're dead. Well not physically hurt me, what they taught me still hinders me a lot of times. Thing like 'do not speak, people do not like hearing you talk' or 'you are completely useless' or 'it is your fault no one around you can ever be happy'. Being reminded of the 'lessons' really suck and don't even get me started on the nightmares, about them coming back to life and beating me up again, them taking me away from my family.

I really don't want to lose my new family, I am still expecting them to suddenly decide that I'm not worth anything, especially not their attention, so they abandon me. It's a wonder they even wanted me for this long, especially dad, but I will take as much love and caring as I can get until they chose to throw me away.

I get shaken out of my thoughts by someone wrapping an arm around my waist, I look up from the ground where I was staring and see that it's Dray "Ray, are you alright?" He asks me with a worried look on his face. I nod and let a smile come on my face, always liking it when they show that they care about me. Dray looks at me for a while longer as if deciding if he should ask further, but luckily he decides against it. I really don't want to tell them about my thoughts and worries. Dray decides to ignore it for now and starts talking about anything and nothing while his arm is still comfortably wrapped around my waist. I leen into him while listening to his stories and sometimes asking questions, not noticing the knowing smile on dad's face.

~~~~

Since dad's office is on the other side of the manor it was a pretty long walk to get to the dining room.

When we're almost at the door Dray let's go of my waist and I immediately miss the comfortable warmth next to me, but I ignore the feeling. Ignore the warmth and happiness I felt when he held me, the weird feeling in my stomach. I ignore all that disappeared, no lessened, when he let me go.