Chapter 14

As soon as he's comfortable, I punch him in the arm, "Are you out of you f'ing mind!?" I shout. "What did you just do!?"

"Relax! He'll be fine." he says taking out his cell.

"What do you mean he'll be fine? You just snapped his neck Damon!" I shout.

"Okay, you're new to all this. I get that it's all a shock for you. He has a ring that protects him from death by supernatural causes. Meaning me." he says looking at me.

"You did it so easily. How many people have you killed?" I ask.

"Not as many as my brother, if that's what you're asking." he sneers.

"Don't do that. I didn't ask about Stefan. I asked about you." I say.

"You afraid of the truth? You afraid to know that Stefan wasn't always so golden? We're vampires Kitten, you know that now. Either you can deal with it, or get the hell outta dodge." he says.

Emotion takes over and I launch myself at him full force. I make my way over to his side of the car. Straddling him in the driver's seat, I rip his shirt open as he removes mine. I kiss him with a passion I've never ever felt before. He unfastens his belt with a quickness. His hand finds the zipper on the side of my skirt and in the heat of the moment, I remember myself. I push off of him and seat myself back in the passenger's seat dressing myself.

"What the hell? Why'd you stop?" he asks overwhelmed.

"This was a mistake. I should go." I say trembling with emotions.

"How is this a mistake?" he asks.

Looking him in the eye, "I don't love men who love other women." I say and get out of the car.

"Why are you dwelling on what Katherine says? I told you it wasn't true. Let it go." he says from inside the car.

"It never ends with you, does it? Am I always gonna be drawn to you?" I ask.

"How about we find out?" he suddenly appears in front of me, pinning me to the car, his face in my hair. "I could reacquaint you with the hood." he says as sultry as possible. Then, his cellphone rings, which he ignores for four rings.

"Answer it." I say when he makes eye contact.

He answers annoyed, "You're interrupting me. Why?…He provoked me…She's right here…She's fine brother." handing me the phone he says, "It's Stefan. He wants to talk to you."

"Is everything okay Stefan?" I answer.

"I just talked to Dominic. I suspect you need a place to stay. I'm coming to get you." he says.

______________________________________________________

Thursday October 28th, 2010

A lot has happened since Stefan helped find me a beautiful place. The argument we had about my safety was almost as monumental as the one we had when he told me that he and Damon were vampires.

"Had I not left the Boarding House, I'd still be in the dark?" I shout.

"It's not that simple. We would've eventually told you the truth." he says.

"Eventually? When Stefan? How long would if have been before one of you fed on me?" I'm practically seething.

"We never would've hurt you, Kit. You have to know that." he says standing.

"Is that what you were doing ever time you "went out"? You were feeding?" I ask.

"Yes but it's not what you think."

"What do you mean it's not what I think? You're a vampire. You need blood, don't you?"

"I don't feed from humans. I feed from animals." he says searching my eyes.

"Why?" I ask.

"I can't drink human blood. It's the reason I warmed to you instantly." he says.

Thinking about his words, it dawns on me. "You have a problem. You get addicted to human blood?" I ask. "It makes sense now. The way you helped me. You have to go through something like that to help someone else." I say.

"I'm so sorry you found out the way you did. I never hoped for that." he says before hugging me.