Chapter 10

"You clearly have learned nothing in trust." she saying leering.

"I know what you are and you haven't done anything but leer at me. This "badass" ship has sailed." I smirk.

"You're not scared?" she asks releasing me.

"Why would I be? My life has been filled with hurt and misery." I say.

"I can make you scared." she smirks.

"Try it." I shrug walking further into the room.

She smiles and her eyes darken, the same way Stefan showed me last night, and she lunges for me. Instead of tackling me, she grabs me, turns so she takes the fall and moves so that I'm one my back and bares her fangs.

"Scared yet?" she asks looking down at me.

"That was fun. What's next?" I smirk. Spending these few years with her has made me brave. Dominic taught me to fight and defend myself.

"We're gonna have to change that then. " she says, then lifts my wrist to her mouth and bites me. She's actually feeding on me!

"Katherine!" I shout. She just doesn't stop. "Katherine!" Thinking back to last night.

Vervain is harmful to vampires.

Wear this bracelet and a vampire can't compel you. Stefan's words float into my head. In a moment of desperation, I bring my free wrist up to graze her face. She instantly releases my wrist and pounds the floor next my face.

"You're smart. So it was Stefan." she says gets up and before I know it, she's gone.

That Night

Dominic is in a conference, so I've texted Stefan and ask him to come over. He's supposed to bring some friends. It takes getting used to the thought of Stefan having friends. I wonder if Lexie's with him.

Knock! Knock!

Running for the door I open it and throw my arms around Stefan's neck, bypassing the crowd formed around my door. As low as I can manage I whisper, "When were you gonna tell me that Katherine was alive?"

"She knows about Katherine?" I look to see a blond with a deathly shocked look in her eyes.

"Yes I know Katherine." I smile. What's up her ass?

"You're in danger. You need to let us in." She pushes toward me.

"I'm not in danger. Katherine's my friend." I say.

"She's been compelled." the girl next to Blondie says.

"I'm not compelled. I know her." I say.

"Katherine is not your friend. If she's made you believe that, then she's using you." Stefan says inspecting my eyes.

"I'm bored with standing in the hall. Won't you all come in?" I say taking Stefan's hand, when he turns me and gently pushes me into the suite and says in my ear, "Promise me you won't freak out."

"What do you mean?" I whisper.

"The girl directly behind me looks exactly like Katherine. Her name is Elena Gilbert. She's my girlfriend." he says slowly turning me, keeping me close, to face him.

"You have a girlfriend?" I snort all to loudly.

"Hi, I'm Elena." she says taking my hand from Stefan's waist. That's the classic jealous move.

"Oh my god! She does look like Katherine!" Why?

"Hi, I'm sorry about my outburst. I'm Caroline. I'm such a huge fan. I have your albums from you earlier years and your new one. It's so good and I love your new look. It's such an honor to stand here talking to you now."

"Caroline, breath." the other girl says, "I'm Bonnie. We're all fans. We love what you do. It's amazing." she stops herself.

"Thank you all for coming." I smile.

"I was with Stefan when you texted and I begged him to let us come. I hope it's okay. We won't tell anybody where you are." Elena says smiling. Why does she look like Katherine? And why does she get under my skin?

"It's perfectly fine. Any friend of Stefan's is a friend of mine." I say. "Speaking of friends. Where's Lexie? Have you seen her lately Stefan? Why haven't I seen Zach?" I ask.

"You knew Lexie?" Elena interjects again. Was I speaking to you?

"What do you mean knew?" I ask looking at Stefan.

"Lexie and Zach are dead." he says looking in deep sorrow.

"How? Why? When?"

"Things have changed. Zach was only doing the right thing. Lexie was a vampire in a town of rumored animal attacks. She was setup and staked," he looks me in the eye "Both by Damon."

"Damon killed Lexie and Zach? Why?" I ask.