Chapter 7

It's been almost 3 years since I've seen him. This can't be him. How would he even know that I'm here? Uhh, maybe all the posters and billboards with your face plastered all over them? I really hate my subconscious sometimes. I look closer at the couple standing before me when I see blood trickle down the woman's neck. What the hell? Then, I feel a hand on my mouth and I'm being dragged out of the alley. Down the street, I'm turned around and faced with my offender.

"I know what you just saw. If you don't scream, I promise I'll tell you everything you need to know after the concert.", the voice is unrecognizable and the stranger is wearing a hoody with a face cover. "Will you scream?" the stranger asks.

I shake my head no.

"Good." the hand is removed from my mouth and grasps my arm and leads me back to the stadium.

At the entrance to the stadium, the stranger lets me go and says, " I know you don't have a clue as to what's going on. But, you have to go in there and give a show as if nothing happened. I promise, you'll know everything." then the stranger walks away. What will I know? What did I just see. Now I have to give a show? How am I even-? Suck it up! Do the show and found out!

Kate and Dominic thought it'd be a great idea to start my ballad by being lifted out of the stage for the effect that I'm coming out of the water.

______________________________________________________

As I reach the climax of the song, I make the one mistake I never make during this song. I look out into the crowd. As close to the stage as I can see, the bluest of blue eyes watching me. Damon. No. He can't be here! Yet, here he is watching me intently. At the sight of him, I fumble, but not so much that it's noticed.

______________________________________________________

Tonight, chose to cover "Toxic", mainly because that skintight outfit Britney wore in the video deserved a rock feel. The guys decided to make it five minutes more then it should be, probably to savor the outfit, and most likely to mess with me.

______________________________________________________

The crowd disperses to the lobby to wait for me to sign autographs after changing. What's wrong with now? I always wanna get to the fans right after, but I've been forbidden to. As I'm headed down the steps of the stage, there he is looking as edible as… well the last day I saw him all those years ago.

"You look absolutely stunning." he breathes as if nothing's happened. It's really him. After all these years of torturing myself. It's really him.

As confidently as impossible, I take each step and blow right past him, but not before he catches my left hand.

"Kit?" he breathes. It stops me in my tracks. Every time he said my name like that, it's stopped me in my track. Turning to him, I see him inspecting my engagement ring.

"You love him?" he asks looking up at me.

What? Did he think I'd sit around and pine over him for three years? No. I refuse to let him set me off like this. I won't let him try to suck me back into his web. Gathering my nerve and the anger I felt towards him for the last few years, as if time stretches, I reach back as far as I can and slap him as hard as I possibly can across the face. When he releases my hand to clutch his jaw, I grab his shoulders with both hands and knee him, where he needs it. Stooping down over him I seethe, "I hate you. I am no longer that little girl you met in your house. And I will not fall victim to you ever again." for a brief moment I envision myself giving him a swift kick to the ribs, but decide I've gotten my point across. I get to my dressing room and realize I'm more worked than I thought. Standing behind the door clutching the doorknob, my hand flies to my face as I begin to cry.

"Kit?" I hear from my right.

I look for the voice, "Stefan?"