23. Breathe

"Out of here, quickly," said Snape.

He grabbed Draco by the neck and forced him through the door, though he was struggling, he knew I was still in the shadows. The other death eaters vanished, and Harry and I stared at each other.

"No." Harry said simply, and fiercly threw the cloak off us, just as the last death eater darted out of the door.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I shouted, and the death eater froze and fell to the ground with a sickening crunch. He'd barely face-planted the floor when Harry was grabbing my sleeve and dragging me over the unconcious body.

"Dumbledore... Snape... Dumbledore... Snape." Harry muttered, frenzied. "If we find them both, we reverse it! He can't be, he can't be...."

"Harry..." I said softly, everything seeming very far away, and I felt bile rise up my throat. "He's gone...."

"No, he's not!" Harry exclaimed angrily. "It's a tall tower, we can save him!"

The image of green light passed through my eyes and Dumbledore's empty eyes, but I cringed, knowing Harry wouldn't believe me until he had proof.

But everything felt oddly numb and quiet, how could Dumbledore, the most powerful wizard in the world be dead? How could he when he'd defeated hundreds without a wand, but let that slimy bastard hit him without a fight?

Harry pulled me down the remaining stairs and I shoved him off me, grabbing my wand. The lights were flickering, corridor filled with dust from the ceiling, drops of blood at the end of the corridor. But a battle was raging, and we needed to get out of there.

"It's over! Let's go!" I heard Snape scream at Draco, and I caught a glimpse of them disapearing around the corner.

"Rory!" He screamed, catching my eye, looking lost and afraid. "Remember the letter! I'll come back!"

As Harry and I plunged into the fray to follow them, my heart beat echoing in my head, Greyback flew himself at me before I could raise my wand. I screamed as I could feel my scars strain against his weight, blood and sweat drooling on top of me, trying to posistion his face at my neck as I hit him repeatedly on the back.

"Petrificus Totalus!" I heard Harry shout, and the disgusting werewolf fell against me. Harry grabbed my arm and yanked me free.

We started off again, though I was already starting to bleed, though were stopped when we spotted Ginny in combat with a death eater, her fiery hair flying. 

She throwing hex after hex at her, giggling while Ginny dodged them: "Crucio - Crucio - you can't dance forever, pretty-" 

"Impedimenta!" yelled Harry.

It hit her in the chest, she squeaked as she was lifted off her feet and crashed into a wall, sliding out of sight. 

"Harry, where did you come from?" Ginny cried, but there was no time to answer her.

We started off again, shooting hexes and ducking to avoid decapitation. All of a sudden Harry yelled out, and I glanced to see he'd been disarmed. But this was my mistake as a heavy body tackled me.

Of course, it was the burned and twisted Cameron Wilde.

"Missed me?" He snarled with a twisted grin.

"No, you bastard!" I spat, trying to push him off as he leered onto me, his hands trying to roam through the several layers of clothing I had on. "You--You killed Jia, remember?"

"Yes, it was a lovely, beautiful time." He sighed happily, hands pressing down roughly on my forearms as he tried to kiss the side of my neck. "Of course, I've spilt other blood since."