Tangled (Pt 1) - A Single Drop

(Y/n) Narration

"This is the story of how I died..."

"Don't worry, this is actually a very fun story! And the truth is, it isn't even mine. This is the story of a boy, named Rapunzel.

And it starts, with the sun. Now, once upon a time, a single drop of sunlight fell from the heavens."
The drop falls from the sky to the earth.
"And from this small drop of sun, grew a magic, golden, flower."

The drop sprouted the flower.
"It had the ability to heal the sick, and injured."
Mother Gothel entered the scene.

"Oh! Oh! You see that old woman, over there? Yea, You might want to remember her. She's kind of important."

The scene fades to the Kingdom of Corona.

(Author's Note: The Kingdom of Corona...🤔🤔🤔)

"Well, centuries passed and a hop skip and a boat ride away there grew a kingdom. The kingdom was ruled by a beloved King and Queen. And the Queen..."

Said woman began to cough and weakly look up at her husband.
"Well, she was about to have a baby, and she got sick. Like, really sick."

(Author's Note: The Queen got sick... in Corona...🤭🤭🤭)

"She was running out of time. And that's when people usually start to look for a miracle. Or in this case, a magic golden flower."

Once again, Mother Gothel entered the scene and gently held the petals of the flowers against her fingertips.

"Ah-ha! I told you she'd be important. You see instead of sharing the Sun's gift, this woman, Mother Gothel, hoarded its healing power and used it to keep herself young for hundreds of years. And all she had to do was sing a special song."

Mother Gothel sang to the flower.
🎶Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine.🎶

She exhaled her breath as the wrinkles on her face began to tighten back up against her bones.

"All right, you get the gist. She sings, she turns young. 🎶Creeeeeepppyyy🎶, right? She had kept it hidden for so long, until one day..."

Gothel heard the sound of soldiers approaching. She quickly shoved the covering back over the flower and fled. However, in the process, she accidentally knocked it over a bit and left it exposed.

One of the guards noticed the gleaming light and quickly rushed over.
"We found it!"

The scene changed to one of the royal healers helping the queen drink from the water with the flower.

"The magic of the golden flower healed the queen, and she went into labor.
A healthy baby boy, a prince was born."
The baby Rapunzel giggled gleefully as his parents cooed at him.

"With beautiful golden hair. I'll give you a hint. That's Rapunzel. To celebrate his birth, the King and Queen launched a flying lantern into the sky."

The King held his son on his arm and showed him how to lift the lantern up. The small boy laughed more as they watched the skylight brighter than the night sky.

"For that one moment, everything was perfect... And then that moment ended."

Mother Gothel, aged yet again, sneaked into the nursery. Rapunzel was asleep in his crib as the old woman approached.