Tangled (Pt 4) - Captive Freedom

"You coming, Blondie?"

(F/n) asked as she stabbed into the tower with her arrows and headed down.
Rapunzel held the hair that was on the latch as he looked down to the earth.

Then, he looked into the distant sky.
🎶Look at the world, so close and I'm halfway to it
Look at it all, so big, do I even dare?
Look at me, there at last, I just have to do it🎶

"Should I? No."
🎶Here I go🎶

Pascal crawled onto his shoulder and took a strand of hair, wrapped it around his waist, and giving the thumbs up.
Rapunzel scoffed a bit.

Throwing the rest of his hair out of the window, he followed through and zipped down.
(F/n) ducked to avoid getting knocked off.

Rapunzel's laughter filled the air as he slid further down, only to stop himself at the very end.
The ground sat inches away from him, just waiting for him.

He hesitantly placed his foot into the grass.
He laughed at the softness he felt on his feet.
Rapunzel turned around and fell backward onto the ground.

🎶Just smell the grass, the dirt, just like I dreamed they'd be🎶

The wind around him began to pick up and he jumped up and ran.

🎶Just feel that summer breeze, the way it's calling me🎶

He stopped as soon as he felt the cold rush of water from the pool through his toes.
He kicked his foot up and watched as the water flew away from him.

🎶For like the first time ever, I'm completely free🎶
He then turned to the entrance of the cave. He slowly began to run toward it.

🎶I could go running and racing and dancing and chasing
And leaping and bounding, hair flying, heart pounding🎶

He ran through to the other side and sang out with a large grin.
🎶And splashing and reeling and finally feeling
That's when my life begins🎶

Rapunzel began to look around in excitement.
"I can't believe I did this." He mumbled in shock. Then he began to shout.
"I can't believe I did this. I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THIS! Mother will be so furious."

~~~

He sat on a rock in the middle of the pond.
(F/n) stood behind him, frowning.
"That's okay though, what she doesn't know won't kill her, right?"

~~~

Rapunzel rocked back and forth in a dark cave with (F/n) standing at the entrance.
"Oh my gosh, this will kill her."

~~~

He ran down a small slope and kicked a large pile of leaves, making them fall around (F/n), who shook her head in amusement.
"THIS IS SO FUN!"

~~~

(F/n) rose her eyebrow as Rapunzel stood on a thick branch with his head leaned against the trunk of it.
"I am a horrible son. I'm going back."

~~~

"I am never going back!" He screamed as he rolled down a hill, wrapping himself into his hair.
"Haha!"

~~~

"I am a despicable human being..." Rapunzel groaned as he laid face first in a sinking scrub field, (F/n) right beside him.
~~~

"WAHHOOOOO!" He screamed as he used his hair as a swing to wrap around a tree.
He passed (F/n) once again as she leaned against the trunk of the tree.
"Best day, ever!"

~~~

Rapunzel sat by a pile of rocks and held his head in his hands, tears silently slipping down his face.
(F/n) walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder.