A Creepy Castle

Cry's P.O.V.

~12 years old~

It was Halloween night on a Friday and Andy and Avery were going trick-or-treating with friends, which I didn't really mind. Felix and I been going with them since they were able to walk. I'm pretty sure 12 year olds were mature enough just to walk around the block and gather candy. I watched as they came out their rooms, Andy as Mario, and Avery as Luigi. I couldn't help, but "aw" at them.
"Aye! It's a me, Luigi and a Mario!" Avery shouted, doing her best impression of a Italian accent. It earned a laugh from Felix and I.
When it finally time for them to go, we gave our children big bear hugs, and gave them kisses on the forehead. While Andy hugged back, Avery was trying to push us off. They walked off the porch, with their friends and I bit my bottom lip, nervously.

Please Stay Safe...

-----------------------
Avery's P.O.V.
------------------------

I skipped next to my brother, swinging my candy bag back and forth, and three other friends: Piggy, Mr. Chair, and Stephano. We had been to five houses now, and collected delicious chocolates and sweets. I was about to finish my KitKat when Piggy suggested that we play tag. Of course, all of us agreed, and we were running around as fast as our legs would take us. I didn't even know who was it, but I didn't care. I followed Mr. Chair into a dark garden, with square stones coming from out the ground. We dodged them, like obstacles, until we were stopped by a tall, stone castle.

"Is it a Disney Castle?" I questioned.

"Of course not. I heard it has monsters in it..." Piggy, Stephano, and Andy caught up with us.

"Monsters aren't real." Andy quietly said.

"Well, why don't we go in to prove it, Mr. Smarty-Pants?" Piggy smirked, and I could hear Mr. Chair gulp.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What if there are monsters in there?" Stephano pointed at the large doors.

"Then stop being a bunch of chickens, and let's go." I said, trying to hide the terror I was feeling right now. When I pushed, the doors easily slid open with an eerie creaking. We were greeted by a long hallway, and blood on a carpet, with wooden doors on each side. It was dark, with only moonlight coming in from the window. I went to the first door, and opened it. I was expecting a monster waiting for us, but there was a bedroom with a desk in the corner. While everyone explored everything else, I opened the drawer and found a lantern, and oil. There was a note lying on the top of the desk. I read:

October 31, 1867

John Creek

You! Yes, indeed, you who reads this. You are my last hope. I can't seem to remember anything. All I remember is this: Banshees screaming, defeats the demon. Odd. I've found out that this castle locks from the inside. I'm sure that the key is in the next room. However, there is some presence in there that I can't describe so I've decided to stay in this room and perish from all the mold.
Good day meeting you, sir! Or madam.

I could barely read the last sentence, it looked like it was smeared with blood, like the hallway. The note did scare me, and I knew this was a huge mistake to come in here. I could already hear my mother saying, "Did you not hear your common sense tell you not to go into that scary castle?" So in order to get out, we got to find that key...

"I FOUND A KEY!" Stephano roared, and I quickly snatched it out of his hand, and ran back to the main doors. Sadly, it didn't work, but it did lead to the next room...which the blood on the floor also led to. It was a quiet, peaceful room with a closet, and a key just begging me to take it on top of a desk. I was about to walk to the desk when there was a groaning of a...monster. I stopped dead in my tracks, and my breath was gone. Out of the closet came a ugly monster with a long mouth, and big eyes. One of his hands looked normal, but the other had long claws. Before everyone could panic, I shut everyone up.

"SH! Maybe if we don't move...he can't see us." I muttered, and it just stood there, staring. Just behind its head, I could see the key shining with the moonlight. If only I could...

My thoughts were interrupted by Andy screaming like a banshee, the sound so loud and sheer, I could feel a bit of liquid trickle from my ear. The monster was covering his ears, groaning in pain. Wait...

...Remember this: Banshees screaming, defeats the demon....

The monster was the demon!

"Andy keep screaming!" I ordered and his howls grew worse, and I got on my knees, and easily passed the monster, and snatched the key. I ran back, and grabbed Andy's wrist. We sprinted towards the main door, and I fumbled with putting the key in.

"Avery, hurry up." Mr. Chair's shaking voice said.
Come on, come on...YES! Finally, we were out of the castle of hell, and we were gasping for air. Our parents said to come home before the street lights came on, and I could see one on in the distant. We said bye to each other and ran in different directions. When we got home, we were scolded. Well, mostly by mom.

"We have you both been?! I was worried sick!" Mom shrieked, and ran his hand through his hair. Dad looked like

"The street we were on didn't have streetlights." Andy mumbled, and he gave him adorable puppy eyes. I saw him take a long huff before telling us to take our showers and go to bed.

Only thing was, we couldn't sleep because that creepy monster ketp popping up in my head, and I though he was gonna come out our closet. One top of that, it was thundering, loudly. So we went to our parents room, and made our most adorable faces, Andy hugging a plushie duck to to his chest, and me hugging a Sup Guy.

"Can we sleep with you? We pasted a really scary house today..." I quivered my bottom lip.

"Aww, of course, darlings." Daddy cooed and we climbled in between them. I snuggled into Daddy's side, and Andy did the same to Mom.

"You guys know you're too old for this, right?" I heard Mom say. The blanket shook in laughter while the thunder now was soft and soothing, and it caused me to fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ermagerd. I updated wayyyyyyy too slowly this time. I'm sowwy. ;-;
Thanks for commenting and reading!

To be continued...