Chapter 8: Casey Jones

Another day, another boring weekend. I couldn't even join my brothers to train due to my fractured ribs. I could barely even get out of bed, much less stand on my own for more than a minute.

I really hate feeling weak and useless. But it can't be helped.

Nonetheless, I did my best to try and get up from laying down once again and slowly and carefully lifted up my tank top to reveal the old bandages that were starting to slip down from its place. I had to change them again. But I used up all the gauze I had in my room. I guess I need to head to the lab for Donnie's medical supplies.

I made my way out of my room and out to the living room only to stop in my tracks when I saw my angry brother in red storming out of the sewers. Guess the guys caused him to blow another fuse.

He'll be back soon once he's calmed down.

"Myra? What are you doing?! You should still be resting!" Leo shouted as he ran up to me.

I just rolled my eyes and shook my head at his overprotectiveness. I understand it, but I wish he'd let me do things on my own.

"I'm fine. Just getting some new bandages then I'll be back to laying down and sleeping my life away until I heal." I sighed then headed over to the lab.

"Wait here." Donnie said as he placed his hand on my shoulder and headed into the lab before I could. He came back out after a few seconds and handed me two boxes of gauze.

I took the boxes without saying a word and turned back to head to my room. I shut my door and lifted up my shirt again to take off the bandages.

I winced at the movement and bit down on my lip when I saw how bruised my torso was. It wasn't even my normal skin color anymore. It was all black, purple and blue. The bruises traveled down from just below my chest and stopped at my hips.

I quickly but carefully put on the new gauze around my chest so I didn't have to keep looking at the sickening sight.

It's only been a few days, almost a week since the Spi- Slash incident. I know it's gonna take longer for my chest to heal but I feel like it's only getting worse. Hopefully it's just the storm before the rainbow situation.

I slightly jumped when I heard a knock at my door, causing me to groan in pain.

"Hey, Myra. We're gonna watch Super Robo Mecha Force. You wanna join us?" I heard Mikey ask.

I thought about it and I felt like it would be nice to watch something else other than my current anime show that involves violence and a lot of horror and fear. So, why not.

"Fine. I guess." I muttered as I shrugged my shoulders. I may still be mad at times and in my foul mood still, but I would end up going more insane if I don't get out of my room at least once in a while.

He opened the door and I followed him out to the living room where Donnie was already sitting on the couch as the previews started to play.

"You're gonna love this show. It has so much fighting and action in it." Mikey explained.

"Maybe. We'll have to see." I mumbled as I slowly sat down and carefully got into a comfortable position that I felt like I could be in for about a few hours.

I had a couple of pillows propped under my head and back as I laid down just right on my side where the pain was very light.

Mikey headed over to the kitchen to get popcorn and jumped down to sit next to Donnie, causing some popcorn to fly out and land on him and knocked his drink out of his hand.

"Yo! You ready for twenty four hours of Super Robo Mecha Force action?!" Mikey asked as he wrapped his arm around his brother's shoulder.

"I was. Until you spilled GREASY POPCORN ALL OVER ME!" Donnie shouted to which Mikey just shrugged at.