Chapter 12: Of Rats And Men

Today was the worst morning I could think of. Well, maybe the worst afternoon.

The guys had reached out to April and Casey about me leaving and turning off my location so they asked them to go out and find me. Sadly, they did. And I wasn't so lucky.

I was practically forced to go back with April and stay the night over at her place. At least she didn't try forcing me to go back to the lair.

But she's crazy mad at me for leaving the guys even though we're cool now. But she has me go with her everywhere we went.

For example, today! She dragged me along with Casey and her friend Irma who I didn't really like due to my social anxiety and weird suspicion of her. I just didn't trust her.

"Thanks for bringing Irma and miss depressed on our date, April." Casey complained as we headed down the sidewalk after leaving a pizza restaurant.

"Hey, I didn't want to be here just as much as you don't want me here." I glared.

"So who are you again?" Irma asked.

"No one important. I'm not staying for long." I retorted back bluntly.

"Come on, Myra. Be nice. And who said this was a date Casey?" The redhead asked smugly as he smirked back at her before screaming and dropping his bike as a rat ran right past him.

"I can't believe a big guy like you is afraid of a little rat." Irma joked and laughed as Casey glared at her.

That was until a random alley cat came running up to us, yowling at the rat that just passed us.

"And I can't believer that rat was afraid of this adorable little kitty." April awed as she picked up the cat and petted its head.

"I mean, rats are relatively harmless. And they share many similarities to humans which is why they are the ones mostly used for science experiments." Irma stated.

"Doesn't she ever shut up?" Casey growled under his breath.

"That's the only thing I agree with you on." I muttered. Actually, the only thing I liked about Irma was her gothic aesthetic. Everything else just seemed sus about her.

"Aw, little kitty doesn't have any tags. We can't just leave her here." April said, not caring about our conversation from before.

"Then drop her off at a shelter. That's where I'm gonna be headed off to soon." I rolled my eyes. It's not like that cat will fair well in the sewers. And Splinter is a rat. So not a good combo.

"Don't say that. You will go back to your brothers whether you like it or not." April told me before hopping onto the back of Casey's bike. "Anyways, later, Irma. Gotta find this kitty a home. Come on Myra."

I rolled my eyes and sighed knowing that I had to head back to the lair with them someday. So I just decided to get it over with and follow them as we left Irma behind.

I regretted walking into the lair the moment we got down there.

I kept my eyes locked down on the ground as April and Casey headed over to Donnie's lab.

"Hey, guys. What's up?" She asked as she walked in.

"April!" Donnie smiled excitedly until Casey walked in behind her. "And Casey..." He frowned.

"Donatello." He said his name with the same amount of enthusiasm.

And unfortunately, that's when I had the great idea to walk in after and take my hood off my head.

"And... Myra." He widen his eyes as I kept my gaze down to the ground. "Didn't think you'd be back so soon."

"....I'm leaving." I turned to leave but April grabbed my hand to stop me.