t w e n t y - e i g h t

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

t w e n t y - e i g h t

A quiet groan rises from the base of his throat, falling from dark lips. The male huffs, dark brows knitting together and turning, clutching fur closer to him.

The soft sound of a giggle caresses him, causing his senses to spur, eyes beginning to flicker open. There's a gentle weight that straddles him, small and curious fingers running from his shoulders and curling into his hair.

"Mekhi?" her mouth nears him, cheek laying so her face is just next to his, arms loosely entangled over him.

She only gets a grunt in response.

Amber hues roll, before using her fingers to tap his cheeks. He doesn't stir again, slowing falling away from her and back into his slumber. She sighs, sitting up and folding her arms with a pout.

It was early morning, where the skies were still dark in colour, capturing the colours of the dark and the tinge of blue, both meshing together beautifully. It was too early for anyone to be up, and the lands were stone cold quiet. It was perfect.

Teal is only revealed when his face is peppered ferociously in soft and little kisses, curving from his chin, up his cheeks and reaching his forehead before dipping down the bridge of his nose. His lips are saved for when the male gives up, waking himself and sitting up.

"Hi," is all the small female says, eyes peeking up at him, a rosy grin formed on her face.

Her form still loosely straddles him, fur blanketing the both of them, keeping them warm. Her hands are around the nape of his neck, having to sit as tall as she could.

He only stares back.

Her brows frown, lips curving.

"Don't be grumpy," it's a soft whine. His mouth settles into a line, eyes dark. She huffs at him, putting her hands on her hips.

"Sleep is boring. You can do it later," she tells him. He blinks back, and she rolls her eyes with a giggle, pressing a kiss to the base of his throat, and then beneath his chin.

The beast sleeping disagrees. They had slept late the night prior, after coming in with drenched clothes, and then later crowding around the hearth in the small living room, to catch everyone up and then indulge in a few card games.

He had slept very little.

"I want to show you it," climbing out of fur, and slinging on sweats and a hoodie, layering up.

In his hazy mind, he can't recall what his little wolf wants to show him, but no questions are asked anyway, because he knew he'd follow through with what she was asking without a complaint.

She turns, a groan falling when realising the male hadn't moved an inch. Her eyes roll again with a shake of her head, using her hands to tug at him by the hand, pulling and pulling, before finally the male eases her and gets up on his own accord. It doesn't take him long to pull some clothes on.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth," his words are deep and husky from just waking up.

She only shushes him, pressing a finger to her lips as they pad down the stairs quietly, careful not to wake up the two lycans and the vampire general who had all camped out in the living room.