s e v e n I

if you are reading this story on any other platform apart from Wattpad (https://www.wattpad.com/home) you are very likely to be at the risk of a malware attack. if you wish to read this story in it's original, safe form please go to (https://www.wattpad.com/user/a_soft_bun). thank you!

s e v e n   I

"I told you I was coming in a hoodie," the female says, voice quiet and soft.

Her arms are folded before the large, black hoodie she wore, the material tumbling down to her knees. The material matched her grey joggers, small feet in white trainers. Her lips are curved in amusement, eyes bright and playful on this particular night. The wolf in her was happy they were going to see the male again, even if the human side didn't really agree.

Alden suppresses a chuckle. She was so small.

His eyes fall onto her round features. She was pretty, almost adorable. She had an overbite, meaning her lips were always somewhat parted, full lips never fully pressed closed together.

"I didn't say anything," he laughs, letting her hop down from the step of the door.

The two walk together, down through the streets draped in dark. The night was particularly beautiful, all stars and the moon out to see the shifts, ready to applaud and celebrate.

Ember was excited – she couldn't deny that. She was mainly excited to see and venture lycan grounds, and the scene would be much different to life back in the Wolf Kingdom, and what she currently spent doing – which was nothing at all. She was excited to see the shifts too. Lycan shifts were always described to be beautiful.

Her head racks back to her own shift – she had broken a rib during the process, and instead had spent the next week or so in a hospital. Wolves healed quicker than humans, but nowhere near as fast as lycans. Wolves shifted around the age of thirteen, much earlier than lycans, and they didn't celebrate it as lycans did either.

Ember was alone for her shift.

Lycan shifts were were rare. Wolf shifts happened all the time.

She's also very, very nervous. All the lycans all in once place. She didn't know if her heart could take such a sight, such fear and feel their dominance in the air. She didn't know if anyone would like her, or accept her as their King's half either.

And Mekhi himself.

She wasn't ready to explore teal hues. Would he even talk to her? Would he share her bed again in the night?

Too many questions, and not enough answers. She walks with her stomach in a frenzy, fluttering and tickling her nerves.

They halt when she spots Alden's car, mouth dropping to the floor.

The area she lived in was no place for a light blue Lamborghini to be parked, and it stuck out like a sore thumb. Greedy eyes lurked onto it, but Alden thinks nothing of it, opening the door for her and ushering her quickly in.

It takes her a few minutes to wrap her head around in, nimble fingers curving into leather that feels like butter, plump and cushioned against her form. Alden pulls up the gear, all of this perfectly normal to him. The wolf sits in mild shock – lycans were wealthy, and now she suddenly feels shabby in her sweats.

By beast form, it would take Alden seven minutes to get to the palace. But he didn't want Ember to shift in the depths of the night, so he'd take her by car, which wasn't long.

"Alright. I've lied to you," the male begins, piquing her interest, amber hues stroking him.

He has one hand gesturing as he speaks, and the other on the smooth steering wheel. His broad form is causal, legs wide and back leaning against the chair.