Interrogation

"An alien?" Father asked, it pained him to entertain it.

"Yes," I confirmed with a confident nod.

"Okay" John sighed, "Cecily, darling, what did this alien look like?" he asked.

I looked back and forth at the both of them, they (basically just John) had me sit on a chair in the living room as they stood in front of me; I felt like one of my father's clients.

"John, this is ridiculous" Father groaned, rubbing his temples. "Children imagine things all of the time"

"Well he didn't look alien, he looked like a person, but I know he is because took me into his spaceship," I continued, Johns head quickly turned to my father as he jolted his head up.

"Where is this spaceship," Father asked, now they were both kneeling in front of me.

"In the alleyway" I answered simply, pointing in the direction of it.

John covered his mouth and looked to me, then to father, then back at me, and finally back to my father.

"My God I've caught her by there befor-...do we call the police?" he whispered after momentarily lifting up his hand.

"No!" I exclaimed, "I don't think I was supposed to tell anyone, he doesn't want his parents to know" I added. John quickly picked up his mobile and starting dialing before Father took it.

"His parents?" Father whispered to himself, "Cecily how old is he?" Father asked.

"He's my age, it was Aiden from my class" I responded.

"Christ, John" Father groaned.

"There are no kids her age who live by here" John snapped as he tried grabbing his phone back. "I think I'm very justified in my worry" he continued. "You're sure he was your age?" he asked. 

"Yes, like I told you, I was with my friend" I added.

"Well since when do you have friends?" Father asked with a look of confusion; John just looked at him disappointedly.

"There were about 200 ways you've could've gone about that" John said, shaking his head. "He's just shocked because he didn't have any as a child" he added, Father looking at him annoyed.

"I have two friends," I said, putting up two fingers.

"You've never mentioned these friends" Father stated.

"I have" I responded defensively.

"Where does he live?" John asked.

"I already said, he lives in the al-" I started.

"Yeah yeah, the spaceship, but where is his home" John interrupted.

"That is his home" I emphasized.

"He must live close if he's also playing near here," John said to Father, he just nodded in response.

"Yeah, like the alleyway" I mumbled, sitting back and sliding down the chair.

"You really need to stop sending her out there," John started.

"Well John, where do you suggest I put her, she doesn't last 2 minutes in her room without coming out and saying 'I'm bored' or 'can I see this, can hold the very important evidence that you said I cannot touch'" he complained.

"Well you could make this place more kid-friendly" John suggested.

"I bring clients here, John, this isn't meant for children" Father sassed.

"I told Aiden he could come here tomorrow" I interrupted as I sat back up.

"Why would you do that?" Father asked, annoyed.

"That's a great idea, Cecily," John said looking at me then back at father; I stuck my tongue out at him before he did the same and turned to John. "She needs a safer environment to spend time with kids her own age, if he lives close by this could be a great opportunity for her to get less exposure to all this," John said, looking around.

"It can't be tomorrow, I have things to do" he responded.

"Well too bad, she's had to work around your schedule, work around hers for a change" John asserted; it felt really good to have an outside advocate, Father and I were too similar to share space fairly. "Do your work at a library, cafe, or, better yet, your room" John added, I giggled.

"Sounds good to me," I said, smiling; Father sighed.

"Fine," Father mumbled.

"It's settled, Aiden comes over tomorrow, you do your work, I'll pop by to make sure it happens" John said, looking back and forth at the both of us.

We both nodded in agreement.

I reached my hand out to Father, he looked down at me and reluctantly shook my hand.

The deal was sealed. 

*******************_________________________________**********************

Any feedback would be great! 

Like where you'd like to see the story go or what you do and don't like about it :)

Thanks for reading! 

Comments like those really get me motivated to write more so please take the time to comment if you can <3