Chapter 12

Izuku had of course expected to be torn a new one, even worse than what he'd been outside of the USJ but this was even worse than he'd expected.

In truth, he had no right to be there, and UA would have had no excuse had people found out that someone from another department had been there and had been injured.

He was also reminded that it was a miracle that he had survived, that he had been stupid for running towards danger the way that he did.

Izuku could see where the teachers were coming from, to them he was just a civilian, not a hero, but he just didn't agree.

He didn't want to look at himself as a hero, he acted without even thinking, it had been stupid, that they were right about it, but it was a good thing he had been there in the end.

Eraserhead, Mr. Aizawa survived the attack, only sustaining permanent to his right eye that was now just a little blurry as well as a deep scar underneath it, and all might be all right too, at least from what izuku knew, although he hadn't seen him around school the next few days.

"You're lucky we aren't expelling you" the principal finished the lecture by saying and many teachers nodded along.

Izuku was surprised, with the way the conversation had just been going that was exactly what he thought was going to happen.

"You can thank all might for that"

"What? What do all might have to do with this?"

the principal sighed.

"He has personally asked me to keep you at UA, but one more these incidents you're out"

Izuku knew it wasn't a threat to be taken lightly but he was just incredibly relieved that he got to stay in school. It was probably all might's way of paying him back, after all, he seemed really grateful to him back at the USJ.

"Yes sir, thank you sir" izuku bowed, partially to hide his big smile, and after that Izuku was dismissed and stepped out of the office where he let out a deep sigh of relief and slumped against the wall next to him.

"I see that went great"

"Yeah" izuku nodded, but only then registered that there was someone next to him.

When he turned he saw all might, looking like the day at the USJ was eons ago.

"A-all might! Hi! I- I want to thank you for asking the principal to keep me at UA"

"Young Midoriya, I would like to talk with you in private"

Now izuku was nervous all over again.

"Oh...uh, yeah sure"

Had all might asked him to have a private talk last year izuku would have fainted from excitement, but now he wondered if all might had a scolding of his own for him, and it made him anxious to follow him to an empty office.

"Please take a seat" all might gesture to the green couch in front of where he sat on a matching couch.

Izuku sat.

"Would you like some tea?"

"No thanks," Izuku's voice barely came out as a whisper.

"Alright...now I know you've just gotten quite a big scolding, and as a fellow teacher of UA I should scold you too, but I can't..."

"You can't?"

"How could I scold someone so devoted to saving another, even at the cost of their own life...tell me young Midoriya, why did you do that?"