Chapter 3

so i'm not exactly back, but i had half of this written and i decided to write it instead of studying for midterms. so, i'll try to upload as much as i can. BUT I AM NEVER LEAVING FOR THAT LONG AGAIN. I MISS WRITING SO MUCH. but this chapter is absolute crap. and i apologize. and THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU'RE STILL READING AND WAITING. AND  I LOVE YOUR PATIENCE BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ANY. OKAY. I LOVE YOU ALL. PLEASE BARE WITH ME TO GET THESE UPDATES UP. THANK YOU(: 

Chapter 3

“Ellie! I wanna make cookies!” Alex whined tugging on my braid. I had just gotten home from a rough day at work and I was lounging on the couch when he walked up to me.

Sighing, I lightly pulled my braid from his small fist. “Not today Alex.”

His eyes widened and his bottom lip pouted. Tears welled in his eyes and I found myself slowly caving in. This face was too adorable to say no to. “Pwease Ewwie.” He sniffled at the end. Ugh, this kid and his cookies.

“Oh just go buy some!” Kyle interrupted walking into the living room.

“Why don’t you?” I snapped before realizing just how lame the comeback was.

He shrugged. “If you don’t mind me walking in the rain, at seven o’clock.” A groan escaped my lips and I stood up wiping off the non-existent dust off my jeans.

“I’ll be back in ten minutes. Don’t burn the house down please,” a loose chuckle was added onto the end and I slammed the door shut. I’m too nice for my own good. “Stupid brother,” I paused as hard rain pounded on my hair to which I quickly slipped my hood over, “Stupid rain.”

Once I arrived at the nearest grocery store, I ran inside hoping to be in and out in just a matter of seconds, but of course, luck isn’t on my side and everyone decided that they should do their food shopping on a Saturday night.

Scanning the isles for the sugar cookie ingredients, I found myself stopping by the book section. In our grocery store, there’s a little area that is dedicated just to books and magazines and it covers not even half an isle. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I shrugged and picked it up reading the back. It didn’t sound too bad. I slipped it into the basket and continued down the row.

A body bumped into my basket and I glanced up muttering a small apology.

“Ellie right?” My head snapped up at the sound of my name and I wish I didn’t look up. In front of me stood Robby, the wannabe beach boy.

“Yeah,” I slowly pronounced confused as to why he was talking to me.

“Robby.” He stuck his hand out, but I wasn’t planning on shaking it. I was still getting suspicious vibes off him. A little embarrassingly, he pulled his back and shoved it in his front pocket. “So Nicholas Sparks. I’ve read some of his books.”

I held in a snort. I doubt that. Instead of saying that, I gave him a curt nod and turned to go walk away to finish shopping, but he stopped me.

“So are you doing anything tomorrow?” My eyebrows shot up at the question and I did my best not to just stare at him in disbelief. Why was he asking me this? But the real question is, why did I wish it was Oliver that asked me this instead?

“Yeah. Homework.”

“That can’t last all day,” he bargained. Excuse me Robby, but I beg to differ.

Shrugging nonchalantly, I replied, “It does for me.”

That sad thing about this whole situation was that I was too nice to just leave him standing there alone; I had to wait for him to leave first before making my departure.