25

The hallway was dimly lit, she walked down the long pathway and noticed the guards were asleep, as usual slacking on the job because they had nothing better to do

Protecting a sleeping and comatose curse wasn't a very exciting job, it was so dull that sleeping was apparently a far better option.

This was a relief for Y/n, it meant no fighting or the intense pressure of being caught, mostly because no one was allowed here, so no one bothered to keep checking in.

The curses body was shackled with chains and his eyes were shut tight, not even a strand of hair moved nor did his chest rise and fall with his breathing.

She wasn't sure if he was dead-

Hell,

She wasn't even sure of why she came down here,

Her hand pressed up against the stone walls as she walked and her eyes strained to study his face, his stoic features were more peaceful than she'd ever seen him. If only he could tell her what he was feeling right now, for someone who made her mind to move on from him, she wasn't really working much on it.

She didn't care If people thought she was broody or lonely, all she cared for was that she didn't lose his essence. She didn't want to let him go because she didn't get much time to tell him she loved him, she wanted to prove him wrong. To show him that she was not better off, rather miserable without him, her heart was heavy with grief at the thought that he believed this very fact before he left.

"You lied, you know?" She mumbled looking at the chained curse,

Of course, there was no response, but Y/n still said something every now and then, she would talk to him, as if he would be listening and understanding her problems. This was the first time she set foot here, although it wasn't a happy or cheery place, she felt solace in his presence.

There wasn't anything she could do and deep down she hated thinking about his reincarnation, about helping curses, she fell for one, might as well take their side right?

"No, no I can't do that" she scolded herself...

"Anyways, here's something for you...when you wake up...if you wake up...remember me, okay?"

Y/n stood up and placed a parchment into his folded arms, she knew, she probably wouldn't be alive by the time he ever returns but, if he reads this...he would perhaps remember his lover.

...

Maybe, maybe you don't know who wrote this, that doesn't matter really. All that does matter is that you read this, just one time before burning this and watching it turn to ash.

If you're reading this, I'm mostly dead, so don't bother trying to find me.

A long time ago, you stole someone from their normal life, you placed her in the palm of your hand and watched her look up at you with curiosity and a little fear.

You showed her a world that she never belonged to, she accepted it. Her eyes observed everything, but her lips and mouth said nothing, her heart raced but her hands never shivered.

She respected you or rather learned to.

You on the other hand found her ignorance most blissful, somehow you found her trustworthy, and somehow you managed to show her a side no one has ever seen.

For that, I am most thankful.

For that, I fell for you,

For that, you admitted your love.

You left me, however. You left me because you believed our love was forbidden. Maybe it was, but we had something sacred.

What we had was glorious because it was forbidden, what we had was wonderful because it defied every law we knew.

I remember you saying I was better off without you.

I remember you saying you held me down.

What you don't remember is that I loved you too, I am sorry if I never showed it enough to you.

Ryoumen Sukuna, you were my one and only.

And hopefully, we'll meet in another life, a life where you don't feel like a burden on me.

A life where you don't leave me.

A life where I make you stay.

Your beloved,

Y/n

The end

͙۪۪̥˚ [thank you for reading] ˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

Thank you ALL for your support, I know it didn't seem like Y/n and Sukuna would have a sad ending

Thank you ALL for your support, I know it didn't seem like Y/n and Sukuna would have a sad ending...(sorry)

I am truly grateful that you took the time out to vote and read this book :,)

Please excuse any errors,

Feel free to comment and suggest ideas and improvements :)

This marks the end of the book 'Better Off'