IV: Siblings

After Ashe and Glenn went straight back to the castle, Nova and Mercedes again continued to tread deeper into the maze towards the castle. "Your Majesty, Ashe and Glenn are back from the maze.", Dimitri's two vassals informed him. "Thank you, Dedue and Nazareth.", he replied. After a while, Nova turned to Mercedes. "We've been walking deeper into this maze for a while, Mercedes.", she said. "Good point, Nova.", the  fairy replied and they stopped to take a break for the rest of the day. "Hey, Mercedes.", she said. "Yes, Nova?", she asked her. "I've been meaning to ask you. How long have you and Annette been friends?", she asked. "We've been friends for a very long time.", she said to her. They spent the rest of the day getting ready to finally enter the castle and rescue Brian from the elf realm. "We're getting so close to finally reaching the castle.", Nova told Mercedes the next day. "Yes. Your brother's waiting for you in there, after all.", she agreed as they headed towards the castle. After a while of this, they find a broken glass jar on the ground and pick it up so they won't be hurt before they look up and spot Dedue and Nazareth walking over to them. Happy, Mercedes introduced the two to Nova. After the two elves returned to the castle, Nova and Mercedes knew they'd finally make it to the castle the next morning. "We've come so deep into this big maze, Nova. We can't give up now.", she told her. "I know, Mercedes. Brian's been waiting for me since the very day I came here.", she replied. "In the three days since we met each other, I've become more confident in rescuing my brother and getting him out of the castle.", Nova told Mercedes. "I've been happy to have you as a friend along the journey to the castle.", she replied cheerfully.