Right Uppercut

18 Part Story

Ongoing 

@imallergictoidiots

Some girls are tough, but Daphne is tough in a different way. She lost her mother to a short fight with cancer when she was fourteen years old, leaving her alone with her father. After her death, he became depressed and slowly started to deteriorate for the last two years. But she doesn’t have time to dwell on it because the medical bills from both her father and mother are only piled upon every day bills for food, heat, water, and rent. Her father’s disabled checks don’t cover much, so Daphne got a job at the hardware store down the street, which helped a little bit more. Enter Ethan. After a few recurring appearances, he made her an offer she couldn’t refuse… literally. That’s how she ended up fighting in front of crowds in a deserted warehouse. It was illegal on many levels, but the cash she brought home every Friday and Saturday was impossible to turn down. On one of her regular nights of fighting, she met eyes with a stranger in the crowd. She didn’t think anything of his brooding stare; there were lots of creeps who came to watch the fight for the boobs and blood. But when she saw those same eyes the following Monday, everything changed. Who was this guy? How close is he trying to get to Daphne and why? How long can she continue this double life that puts her in danger so that she can save her father’s life? And the burning question Daphne has to decide: Is it all worth it?