Fearless Fiery Beauty

31 Part Story

Completed

@Kaytlyn_Hand

How do you tell the difference between adventurous and life-threatening if you are impervious to fear?

You could ask Edana Keelia Greenwood, a 17 year old girl that most would refer to as ‘delinquent’, but considering the mess she got herself into, she obviously doesn’t even know herself.

Her dad left when she was a child and Edana supports her mother, by way of numerous criminal activities, and she always has to keep her friends at arm’s length. They suspect Edana has a big secret, but no-one knows what it is.

Enter Darren Silex, a man with secrets of his own. In a moment of rash intrigue, Edana reveals her secret. Her worst mistake ever, and unfortunately, only her first.

Darren becomes paranoid: fearful that her secret will consequently reveal his. Plans of kidnap are born from his paranoia, but Edana is not the easiest girl to get to. Thankfully, for Darren at least, his stooge catches her at exactly the right moment. She’s bored, got nothing to do, all her friends are busy… Hey, why not allow yourself to be kidnapped? That was her second mistake.

Thankfully, her kidnappers are completely unprepared for the whirlwind that is Edana. They reach a stalemate. Their secret must be protected, but they just don’t have the heart to hurt her, especially since most have somehow come to care for the crazy girl. They don’t know what to do with her, so they take her to the one man who does, Gabriel Potens. There, she discovers a prophecy - a prophecy that Gabriel is convinced is about her. He makes her an offer she can’t refuse, but accepting the offer was her third and final mistake.

Gabriel begins to lead her down a path she'd rather avoid. Forcing her into a world she never knew existed and she isn't sure she'll escape alive.

Good thing she's impervious to fear.