Chapter Seventeen:

Chapter Seventeen:

Sighing, I leaned back in my seat and looked around the Great Hall.  It was the last day of term and I noticed that two students were already missing from the congregation.  It was unheard of for a student to not participate in the last meal before holidays, and in all my years of being at Hogwarts I'd never seen anyone skip out on it. 

But Harry and Ron Weasley had.  Hermione herself looked as if she would rather be anywhere but having breakfast with the rest of Gryffindor; if I had to choose one word to describe her in this moment it would be 'miserable'.  Her hair seemed duller and more limp than usual, her eyes stared down at her breakfast but she didn't eat it, simply played around with it while her head leaned against one of her palms.  

I stood up, staring at the girl before leaving the Great Hall, saying by to a select few of Slytherin's and even a couple of Hufflepuff's and Ravenclaws.  Despite Gryffindor being the house chosen for me, I didn't really know anyone worth saying goodbye to except Harry, and he wasn't there to say bye to.  I made my way up to the Gryffindor dorms in order to do a bit of last minute packing.

it was moments like that, that made me regret being such a procrastinator.  I always saved my packing and homework for last minute, which made me rush about like an insane witch trying to find her Eye of Newt before her potion turned sour. 

But it wasn't too bad, I didn't have many trinkets with me (I always left them at home so they wouldn't be stolen), so mostly it was my robes and weekend clothing, plus a few things and extra candy I'd gotten throughout the semester at Hogsmeade.  I'd ordered some gifts via owl from a few select stores for Aunt Bellatrix, Mother and Father that would be delivered on the twenty-third for Christmas so at least I didn't have to try to fit all of that into my trunk.  

When it was finally time for the Hogwarts Express to leave Hogsmeade station, I was one of the first out of the school.  Excitement radiated from my slender body, though I couldn't pinpoint exactly what I was so worked up over. 

Was it because I was getting away from our new Defense Against The Dark Arts professor, or perhaps because I was going back home to Mother and Father, with Draco and nearly three weeks to do whatever I wanted. 

None of those seemed to fit well with me, most importantly I think I was excited to practice my spells some more, and to have Bellatrix teach me all she knew about the Dark Arts as she promised she would.  The tips of my fingers tingled and practically ached for the feel of a wand between them and all the way to Kings Cross station, I silently practiced my spell without my wand so that when I got home, I could show Bella just how far I'd come. 

Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise and Pansy sat in the compartment with me, their voices loud and obnoxious as I attempted to concentrate but I did my best to ignore it. 

"What do you think, Amy?" 

Sighing in aggravation, I turned to the person who dared to interrupt me, glaring wholeheartedly at the idiot brunette girl who usually hung around Draco like a parasite.  She was pretty, a fifth year Slytherin  with medium length hair and blue-green eyes that shone with intelligence.  She chose to deny her intelligence, preferring to act like every other dull girl.  Her life revolved around makeup, drama, rumors and boys and because of that, we didn't get along as well as we could have if she just acted herself. 

"About what?" 

"My family is throwing a Christmas party, they've offered to send the younger ones who come on a two day vacation to our cabin in Germany so that they can all have some 'alone time'.  What do you think, do you want to come?" 

I glanced at Draco, who nodded his head to show me that he'd already agreed to going.  It was unusual for me to want to stay behind, I almost always followed Draco wherever he wanted me to be but not this time.  Two days without Draco by my side would give me plenty of time to work on my many spells and curses, and that time was something I desperately needed if I hoped to get anywhere with my work. 

It would also give me time to talk to Bellatrix about her younger years at Hogwarts and working for the Dark Lord.  She'd teach me all kinds of things, I knew she would and that was my reasoning for decided to stay at home while everyone else my age went to a whole other country, probably planning on getting very drunk and doing many regrettable things.

"I'd prefer to stay home, thanks."  I moved my gaze back out the window, sighing just to watch the heat of my breath fog up the glass as we moved through the countryside.

*

"You'll be fine, won't you dear?  It'll be just you and Bella, I'm sure you have much to talk about so I won't bother you too much throughout the weekend but send an owl if you need anything at all.  Whatever you do, don't go to the East wing, not even if Bella invites you Amaryllis." 

I nodded dutifully to Mother, though I knew that this vacation was my time to shine.  I would be going to the East wing with Bella, and I would speak to the Dark Lord.  Perhaps that had something to do with the undeniable excitement rushing through my veins. 

"I'll be fine, Mum.  I'll see you in a couple of days." 

I grinned as she turned around towards the door, her heels clacking against the wooden flooring.  Her blonde and brown hair hung straight to her shoulder blades, the black dress she wore spoke of power while her stance and gait told of dignity. 

She was beautiful. 

"I love you, Mum." 

All my summers and holidays of staying with the Malfoy's and I'd never said the words  with quite as much meaning before.  Her steps faltered momentarily before she repeated the words and continued out the door to where her husband waited for her. 

Draco had left a few hours ago, and with the Malfoy's gone it was just me, Bella and our special guest. 

"Bella!  They've gone!  Let's go!" I yelled upstairs in excitement, my trainer clad feet were ready to dash into the woods surrounding the manor but Bella had promised to help me as much as she could and so I chose to wait on her before heading out.  Friday night was a night for kids to relax, especially as it was just a few days after Christmas and still the beginning of a nice long vacation but I couldn't do that, I wouldn't do something as lazy as be found sitting about while I could be doing something useful.

"You're awfully impatient to be hurt, Potter," Bella smirked, her dark eyes focused on me with a promise that she fully intended to keep. 

"I know.  I want to learn, and if that means going about it the hard way then I'll do it. I'll do whatever I have to do to be the very best, I don't want to be just some girl anymore.  I want.. I want to be the girl everyone talks about, everyone knows about, everyone avoids.  I want to be the girl that everyone is terrified of." 

A dark grin settled itself onto her face as she twirled her wand through her fingers expertly before nodding her head for me to follow her outside.  "And so you will be, with my help.  I promise you that, girl." 

=========

[[A/N: Hey hey, new chapter!  I hope you guys like it as much as I do... poor amaryllis, what are you getting yourself in to, baby?  DONT DO IT.  Sorry for all my lack of updating, I still have no internet (probably wont for a loooooooooong time) and now my keyboard on my laptop stopped working properly so T and Y don't work at all, and I have to use an onscreen keyboard or use a friends computer if I want to type.  it's all such a pain.  There probably wont be another chapter for a while but I will be typing on it while I'm away so that the moment I get internet, I'll be able to post! 

Peace and Love, iJay!]]