DAD

"Dad. Please," your puppy eyes plead while your dad looks away, disagreeing with your request.

You Both went to the doctor in the morning and as you expected the doctor gave you another bad news. He'll need to be shifted to the hospital if his condition doesn't improve. You are scared of even thinking of seeing your dad attached to tubes and resting on a hospital bed. 

"But why can't you live with me?" You raise your voice unintentionally as you get up from the couch, throwing hands in the air. He stares at you with a soft yet sad expression as you feel bad for behaving like this. You understand he is going through his own problems and the pain in his chest but seeing him suffering makes your heart lose its pace. 

"Sit here," he pats the seat beside him as you sigh and hear his say. He looks at you with a soft smile as his heart feels with love and pride. You grew up too early and well, just like how he wanted. Mature and a girl with her own values. 

"You know… not even your mom raised her voice at me. It's just you because you are my baby. And you'll always be. I am not a great father… who gave you everything but I hope you love me and I know you do. I failed many times, I yelled at you many times but please know that it was all for your good. I don't know much about Jungkook as he doesn't visit me and I understand he's a busy man. But I hope everything is going well between you two. I hope you two are in love and will show me my grandchild's face soon. At the same time, you need to understand that your relationship with Jungkook is still growing and I am your father. Coming and living with you might create problems between you two… you both might get distanced while taking my care. I am an old man who may or may not die tomorrow…" you cut him off.

"I hate you. Why do you have to think like that? Didn't I say you will be well? The doctor is also…" he cuts you off.

"Doctor knows my condition isn't getting better hence he asked you to stay with me. I know my child, I know when you lie. So leave me here alone. I am doing good…" he doesn't get time to complete as you both hear an unknown person's voice.

"We can't allow that. You are coming with us and that's final," you turn around as you see Jungkook standing on the doorframe, crossing his arms with a soft smile, a genuine one which you rarely get to see plastered on his face. 

"Ahhh, Jungkookshi… come inside," your dad gets up slowly as you help him. 

Your dad called Jungkook to pick you up without your knowledge as it was late and darkness was scattered over the sky. You were happy to hear Jungkook's words and at the same time worried as you know how he is. He might be the sweetest person right now and might be the most toxic person in another second.

"I'm sorry for not visiting you often. Please give me a chance to spend time with my dad and to prove that I can be a good son in law," he chuckles with his bunny smile resting on his face as you stare at him with adoring eyes. He looks so precious and angelic like this.

"No no! You are already a good son-in-law, don't worry about that. Just make her happy and be with her always, that's the only thing I want…" your dad looks at you with a teary gaze as he places your hand in Jungkook's hand. The man looks at you with an unknown expression while his heart races a little holding your hand. You gulp the lump, looking down as you don't know what to say.

What will you say? That you both aren't in love… that you both will divorce after a few months? But did Jungkook want the same?