CHAPTER FIVE

TW: Body Horror/ Self Harm(Clawing off a metal prosthetic/scratching skin)

a loss

~

The soft gust of air gently caressed the young woman's skin as she took in the sight of the setting sun.

Her mind buzzed at the mere thought of Heisenberg.

Instead of following her wishes he took the scrap metal back inside and insisted on reprogramming it.

She should have torn it apart to nuts and bolts when she had a chance.

The young woman wondered what the doll maker was up to and she even considered going over to the kind woman's house.

Donna always brought a sense of peace to her and left her feeling so calm. It wasn't that Karl didn't bring her the same feeling but his existence did tend to get a little overbearing.

She sighed and laid on her back on the soft grass that tickled any of her exposed skin.

It seemed as if Miranda was the only thing on Karl's mind. He was obsessed with getting revenge on the crow-like woman. She wondered if he noticed that his ambitions were starting to take a toll on their relationship.

Sometimes she even wondered if his revenge meant more to him than she did.

Y/N huffed before turning on to her stomach and placing her head upon her crossed arms.

She raised her legs and kicked her feet back and forth. The heels of her feet lightly tapped her backside with each swing.

The simple childlike motion calmed her mind.

She had decided against going to Donna's home again. She owed the dollmaker a break after the last time and she doubted that she would be able to handle another one of Karl's tantrums.

The silence of the factory started to creep into her mind.

The young woman never enjoyed the rare silence, it allowed her mind to go astray and it lead her to dark thoughts and memories she rather not think about.

"Karl! I can't believe you!"

"I'm not one of your experiments!"

"Am I supposed to live like this? Like a freak for the rest of my life?"

Y/N groaned and turned to lay on her back. The leafy ceiling stared back at her, its body gently swaying because of the calming breeze.

She watched the leaves dance slowly and smoothly, it wasn't long until she started to feel drowsy. She rubbed her eyes and blinked them constantly but even Mother Nature couldn't fight the Sandman.