PROLOGUE

a view 

a view 

~

spring 1988

The young woman strolled through the forest, smiling at every flower or deer she saw. She had recently got to Europe and she was amazed at everything the place had to offer. 

Y/N took out her Polaroid camera and aimed it at the flower in front of her.

Click!

She laughed bitterly, "Try getting a view like this in the city," she shook the photo and started looking around, taking in the view.

The townspeople didn't take kindly to her when she first arrived but she thought that was to be expected in a small close-knit town. An old woman, who refused to give her name, eventually spoke to her and told her some things about the village and good spots for taking photos. 

She was surprised at how little technology there was in the village, the old woman nearly fainted when she pulled out her camera. Despite how strange it was, living without so much technology in your face, she enjoyed the simplicity. 

Y/N smiled at the now-developed photo that she held in her hand, "I should have come here sooner," she smiled at the daffodil she had taken a photo of, "You, madame, are very photogenic." She placed the photo into her worn leather cross-body saddlebag and turned away.   

She continued to walk around the mystic forest, snapping photo after photo to add to her collection. 

Her eyes widened at the sight of a bright blue flower that stood in the distance, "I've never seen one like this before." She lifted the camera to her face and looked at the flower through the lens of the camera. She adjusted the camera's view before snapping the photo. 

She waved the picture and looked around the forest with a smile as she waited for the photo to develop. After a few minutes, she looked down at the photo, her smile gradually faded.

The young woman squinted her eyes and pulled the photograph closer to her face, "What?" she whispered to herself. 

In the background of her photo stood a figure, covered by the shadow of the trees. She brought the camera up to her face and aimed it to where the figure previously stood. She slowly moved the dial on the side of the camera, zooming in. 

"Enjoying the view?" 

She jumped back in shock and bumped into a figure behind her, she spun on her heel and turned to look at the person that decided to surprise her. 

"Who are you?" She asked with a frown. 

The man chuckled and scratched his salt and pepper beard, "I could ask you the same thing," he gestured to the camera she held in a vice grip, "Don't see much of those around here."