CHAPTER NINE

an ally

an ally

~

Soft light was gently wafting into the room along with the constant smell of flowers. 

The young woman hummed as she ran her fingers through her husband's hair. The ticklish feeling of his salt and pepper beard against the skin of her stomach nearly caused her to laugh. But she didn't want to, she didn't want to disturb the calm atmosphere that blanketed around them. 

The swarming thoughts about Donna had finally quieted down. She never thought they would and surely not this soon, but luck was on her side. 

She thought she would be plagued with thoughts of Donna's death indefinitely with no hope of escape. 

A soft growl nudged her out of her roaming thoughts. She blinked and looked at the rarely opened window. 

Uriaș was on the other side of the threshold. 

Y/N's eyes widened and she carefully maneuvered her husband's body off of her and crept out of bed to meet the large creature. 

She leaned in close to the creature and whispered, "Do you have the man?" 

A soft nod was her response and the wolfman gestured for her to follow him. Y/N spared a glance at the peaceful Karl before she climbed out of the window and into Uriaș's arms.  

The creature skillfully scaled the walls and went to her side of the factory. Uriaș had carefully set her down which allowed her to view a man that was strung upside down from the ceiling. She climbed into the window. 

"Yes," she murmured as she started to walk around the suspended man, "This is perfect." 

The wolfman grunted and held out its palm, a variety of sparkly things were offered to her. Crystals, shiny stones, and stray pieces of glass were some of the many types of shiny things.

She walked over to the wolfman with a smile, "This will do perfectly," she affectionately patted the creature on its head which granted her a low growl akin to that of a cat's purr. She placed her new shiny trinkets on a small table that stood in the corner of the room. 

She walked over to the suspended man. Along with his legs being tied with rope to a strong branch that hung from her handcrafted forest, his arms were tied behind his back. 

She leaned down and snapped her fingers in his face, "Hello? Hello?"

The man's eyes slowly blinked open. 

"There you are," she greeted him with a smile before standing up to her full height, "I've been hearing a lot about you." 

"Mother Nature?" 

"So you've heard of me?" she slowly walked around the man, "That will make this much easier. Why are you here, Ethan Winters?" 

He stared straight, defiantly.