Faith and Fear

Hello!!!!!!!.........sorry for late update, was busy with freaking office work and dance choreography. Well here I am with new chapter. This chapter is bit lengthy and I know the story is also going very slow but trust me, I'll keep on adding more interest. And as usual please vote / comment / fan.

Enjoy the another unedited chapter of TFB XO XO

Dedicated to my lovely friend Tanisha100

love

************

Chapter 4

My body felt cold and light as if I was floating on water, though I could feel a cold marble floor beneath my feet. At first, I thought I was in some dark room, but as my eyes started to adjust, I realized that the room was dimly light by the torches hitched to the walls. I pinched my eyebrows together to make some sense out of it. Who used torches in the age of electric lights? Unless I was in some dungeon, it could be. Had I been sleep walking or did someone kidnap me while I was asleep? How did I reach to -I looked around, a bit shaken- such an eerie place? No, it wasn't a dungeon. I could see a broad corridor at a distance from where I stood. I turned around to take in the surrounding. It was a totally unfamiliar place. I was sure I hadn't been here any time before. It looked like a haunted house of Halloween, but this one was more weird and scary.

I narrowed my eyes into slits to make out what looked like a long, numerous trails of stairs that ascended ending at a portrait of a man I couldn't recognize and divided into two, leading to top in opposite directions. Though it wasn't clear from where I stood, I could vision out the figure of a man in portrait in black clothes that made him look evil. He was standing over something I couldn't see, so I stepped little closer against my will. Curiosity took over my fear as I ascended few stairs towards the portrait, and when I took a closer look, my eyes widened in horror. I almost gasped and cursed at once at my foolish decision. Curiosity killed cat and so was I going to end up same way. Holding on my wobbling legs that were threatening to give up, I managed to descend the stairs without tripping, getting away from that man standing over a blood streaked human body.

I muffled a scream in a fear of grabbing attention of that man. Though it was just a portrait, he was no less scary. It looked like his evil eyes were following my every move. I wanted to run, but I didn't know where to run or hide. Walls seemed like closing on me and the high ceiling caused me to feel claustrophobic. Tears started running down my cheek, when I realized I was in danger and nowhere to go to. I knew this place belonged to evil.

My shallow breathing was all I could hear. I somehow knew I was close to death. I could feel it. I could feel that evil coming closer, closer.

Suddenly everything went dark. Before I could register what happened, my body started twisting and turning. Amidst I heard someone calling me, someone with pain and urgency.

"Ashline, run..."

Who was it? I couldn't utter a word. I wanted to ask what was happening.

"Ashline please run. You are not safe here, love. You just run, RUN."

Those voices drifted apart as I fell in deep, deep dark trench.

*************

I woke up with a loud scream. I glanced at my surrounding. I was in my bedroom on my bed. It showed 3.00 am on wall clock. I was fully wet in sweat. I wiped my clammy palms to my nightshirt and held my chest to bring my breathing back to normal.

What was that? Was it a dream?

But I had never had such type of one. It included ghosts and all, but this one was different, weird and felt so real. Whose voices were those? My parents'? How was that even possible? They were dead. I winced at my own statement. It hurt me to say they are dead, but it was a fact and I couldn't deny it. Was it because I missed them too much yesterday, on my birthday? My trail of thoughts got cut off by the door bursting open. Gran barged in, even w and sat on the bed next to me.