Yet Another, But Special Day...

Author's Note:

Hi! After my first upload, a very short poem 'You My Love' I am back with my first story. I have tried a lot to make it interesting but still if there is any lack of scene, any grammatical or other mistakes then sorry. I hope you enjoy it regardless. And if you do then pleeeeaaaaase, Vote / fan / comment.

Also thanks to all who voted and added as fan.

Love you all, enjoy :-)

This chapter is edited by Colors_fun :-) . She is a nice writer. Please check out her works too.

=====================================>>>><<========================================

Chapter 1

  Aarrgh!

 I groaned and squinted my eyes as sun rays that were peering through the only window in my bedroom, hit my eyes directly.

I always found it difficult to wake up in the September mornings. I was never a morning person. Annoyed, I pulled the sheet over my head to block the sun rays disturbing my sleep, but it was in vain as my mobile phone ringed, crying aloud my favorite song which I had kept as ringtone, 'My love' by Westlife.

I knew who was calling. With my eyes half opened, I slide my index finger on the mobile screen- lying on the bedside table- to receive the call and put it on loudspeaker.

"Good morning. I'm getting ready. Just wait for ten minutes," I slurred sleepily.

"Ten minutes?" Ron's loud voice blasted through my phone's speaker, tearing the morning peace of my room. "Uhm... that means you need one hour. I can't believe you are still on your bed, Ash. It's almost time to go. I give you-"

"Oh puh-lease," I cut him off of mid-sentence. "Don't start your lectures early in the morning. I promise, by the time you reach at my door, I'll be ready."

"Yeah, I know. So see you then, get ready fast."

"Okay then, see yeah." I cut the call.

It had become like a habit to be woken up by Ron, my best friend, from when I myself didn't know. He is such a caring and loving friend and mind you, handsome too.

I got up and sat on the edge of the bed. Stretching my arms, I gave out a lazy yawn.

"Good morning, Mum. Good morning, Dad," I greeted my parents, looking at their framed photo placed on the bedside table.

They looked so beautiful and happy together in that picture. My mum was holding me in her arms. According to my grandmother, it was clicked when I was two days older. And it's their only memory I had with me. On that same day they met with an accident, but I had survived through that. Can anyone believe that a two days old child survived that deathly accident and the full grown adults couldn't?

And from then I had been living with my lovely and only family, my grandmother. She is everything for me. She took care of me single handed after my parents' death. Gave me everything I needed that I asked for.  On my tenth birthday, she had given me this photograph as a gift, which is the best gift I ever had. It was then she had told me about that unfortunate night of accident.

I sighed and looked around my room. A tiny, cozy room with the walls painted white, except one behind the bed. On insisting last year, granny had changed its coloring into lavender shade. One wardrobe stood facing the wall at whose corner my bed stood with white satin sheet covering it and pillows piled up. At the side of the bed, stood a small table where I kept my makeup and stuff along with my parents' photo.