Meeting New Friends.

Brooke didn't know life could be so different with adopting Annabelle, she expected small changes with becoming a mother just overnight. But the new sense of love and happiness beat anything she had felt in a long time. Yes, Connor made her feel loved and happy, but with Annabelle, it was a different type from their own.

Brooke told her dad about Annabelle, he was somewhat shocked but didn't have too many objections about it. Hank had become Annabelle's favourite grandad, John promised to visit as soon as he was able. He couldn't wait to meet his granddaughter.

The one person that changed the most was Connor, he took to be a father like a duck to water. He knew just exactly what to do if Annabelle was upset or could find answers to her hardest questions in just a few seconds. He was a fantastic father and treated her with all the love and care she had deserved for over a year of being alone.

"My love, we need to leave if you want to make it on time to view the house," Connor shouted from the front door. Brooke ran out, zipping her jacket up as she rushed over. The couple had decided to get a bigger house, they wanted a garden for Annabelle and Nala, also a flat isn't the best place to raise a child.

"I'm excited for this," Brooke comments as she hooks her arm through Connors. Hank was having Annabelle for the morning, letting the couple view the house alone. They wanted it to be a surprise for her.

"Me too. A change in scenery would be the best start for our family," he replies, kissing the side of her cheek. They both had looked at some houses just a few days ago, but none caught their eye. They wanted something different and comfortable.

---

The house was situated on the Northside of town, not too far from Hanks or their work. The neighbourhood was quiet, kids played outside as they drove past. Each house was detached, a garden surrounding each of them. Brooke pointed out the house that they were going to view, the real-estate agent waiting outside.

"It's beautiful," Brooke comments as Connor pulls into the long drive. The house was pure white, a porch with a swing bench on the front and two massive oak trees stood at either side of the house, giving them privacy from the front of the house.

"Ah, Miss Quinn and Mr Anderson," the realtor called as they got out of the car. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you both, I'm Jennifer. The real-estate agent for this gorgeous property." She shook their hands and waved for them to follow her inside.

"What do you think?" Connor asks as he leans in close to Brooke. She waited to answer when they entered the front door. She wanted to get a feel of the house before making her decision.

Jennifer opened the door and moved to the side to let them enter first, Connor motioned for Brooke to be first. She entered and instantly fell in love, the oak wooden floors went so well with the fake brick walls in the entry hall. "I love it," she declared as Connor joined her side.

"Let me give you the full tour," Jennifer comments as she takes them to the first door to their left, the living room. "This living room is one of two you have in the house. There are also four bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, a garage, swimming pool and outhouse." She let them look around the spacious living room, it could hold a huge sofa and wide TV if they wished.

They viewed the rest of the house, the kitchen was Brooke's favourite, the white marble and kitchen island made her want to buy the home even more. The bedrooms ranged in sizes, from the master bedroom with a walk-in bathroom and closet and two double bedrooms then a single at the back of the house.

The swimming pool was smaller than what they would have preferred, but they had a built-in barbeque, outdoor sitting area and a hammock. Connor felt like a typical guy with the outhouse, he could already imagine so many things he could do with the space. After looking around with Jennifer, she left to give them both some time to talk.