𝐓𝐖𝐎

2

ACT ONE - CHAPTER TWO

Rick opened the door.

in case you were wondering we were at a police station, the one where Rick used to work.

we walked down a hallway, Rick was holding up his flashlight so we could see.

Rick turned on one of the showers and my eyes widened when water started coming out, i haven't had a shower since all of this started because there's no power anywhere so no hot showers.

"Gas lines have been down for maybe a month." Morgan explained when Rick had turned on the water.

"The station's got its own propane system." Rick explains to us as he puts his hand under the running water. "pilot's still on." Rick says.

"WAIT!" i yelled as Duane began taking his shirt off. Rick turned to me and began laughing, i guess he forgot i wasn't a boy.

"Sweetheart there's a womans restroom right down the hall, the first door on your right." Rick told me.

"thank you, Rick" I told him with a smile as i picked up my stuff and i found it, i took a nice warm shower and it was amazing, i felt like i took ages to get done, i realised i needed knew clothes soon, so i wrote that on a little note i had in my jacket after putting all my clothes back on, it was a list of things i felt like was important, there was food, water, weapons for safety and then new clothes.

i went over to a locker that was open, and there was a gun and ammo, a set of trowing knifes and other knifes, a black bow with black arrows.

"Conserve your ammo. It goes faster than you think, especially at target practice." Rick informed Morgan and Duane as they all went outside the police station.

"Duane." Morgan said.

"Uh-huh?" He answered his dad.

"Take this to the car." Morgan instructed and Duane did.

"Are you sure you won't come along?" Rick asked.

"A few more days. By then Duane will know how to shoot and i won't be so rusty." Morgan explained, it did make sence why he wanted to wait a few more days.

"You've got one battery. I'll turn mine on a few minutes every day at dawn. You get up there, that's how you'll find us." Rick said as he handed Morgan a walkie-talkie.

"You think ahead." Morgan said as he started walking to his car.

"Can't afford no to, not anymore." Rick said as he rounded his police car to still speak to Morgan, Valentina followed.

"Listen, one thing... They may not seem like much one at a time, but in a group, all riled up and hungry... Man, you watch your ass." Morgan explained to Rick, personally Valentina had only stubled across aa group of walkers once, fortunetly for her she wasn't alone.