𝐎𝐍𝐄

1

ACT ONE - CHAPTER ONE

-

The new guy opened his eyes slowly while Morgan was standing next to the bed and his son was holding a bat ready to hit the guy if needed, i was sitting on beside the new guy on the bed watching as his eyes slowly opened, and he looked around.

"Got that bandage changed now. it was pretty rank." Morgan informed the guy before continuing to speak. "What was the wound?" he asked the guy.

"gunshot." the guy answered Morgan.

"Gunshot?" Morgan started. "what else? anything?" Morgan asked the guy, obviously silently asking if he had been bitten, without actually asking.

"Gunshot ain't enough?" the guy answered, it came out kind of rude but i don't think he rally planned for it to come out that way, i could see it on his face when he realised it came out kind of wrong, but Morgan did not seem to notice that because he stepped up to the guy.

"look, i ask and you answer. that's common courtesy, right?" Morgan said/asked the guy, then he bend down further and i got up letting him get space to get close to the man, he started deep into the mans eyes. "did you get bit?" Morgan asked the guy, the man just gave a confused look and moved his head a bit to look straight into Morgans eyes.

"bit?" he asked Morgan.

"bit, chewed, maybe scratched... anything like that?" Morgan asked.

"no, i got shot." the man said, then took a bit and continued talking. "just shot as far as i know." Morgan then put his hand above the mans head to check if he had a fever which was one of the signes of being infected, but he flinced away.

"hey. just let me." Morgan said then put his hand on the mans forhead to check for any fever. "feels cool enough." he said looking over at us the two kids standing there ready for anything. "fever would've killed you by now." Morgan continued on.

"i don't think i have one." the man said.

"be hard to miss." Morgan told the guy, he then took out his little pocket knife (i think that's what it's called so don't come at me if i'm not right.) he hold it up to the mans face. "take a moment, look how sharp it is. you try anthing, i will kill you with it. and don't you think i won't." Morgan threaned the guy, then he cut off the ropes that were around the mans wrists.

"come on out when you're able." Morgan told the guy as we all went out of the room to give the man some space.

-

some time later it was dinner time and the fan finally decided to join us. he saw the father and son at the dinner table, but went through another opening in the house that went to where i was sitting on my mattress.