mean words²⁴

jeno casually walked into that same bar and hotel right the next day, making a beeline right for jaehyun.

see, he'd rather do his one-day shift of working here rather today than monday, considering he was looking forward to see a certain someone. he figured renjun wouldn't have a single bad thing to say since he is still doing it technically.

when he reached the bar, he didn't see the familiar demon anywhere and impatiently tapped the wood beneath his fingers as he waited.

"oh, prince lee jeno," came a voice from his right. "what are you doing here? don't you usually eat in the palace?"

jeno turned his head to see ten, a short, black-haired, and cat-like eyed demon. to no one's surprise, johnny was right there with him, but would rather eat his breakfast instead of acknowledging the prince's arrival.

"well, yongqin, i already ate," jeno retorted. "i just finally decided to work for a day here."

"really?" ten's face had genuine shock written all over it. "you're actually keeping your promise? that's a first."

jeno bit back a "no, that's a not a first" and settled on, "yeah. i was supposed to do it monday, but i'm expecting to see someone then."

"ah," ten said before smirking. "who? the future second king or queen?"

"i'd say future third king," jeno said with a wink and ten's teasingly expression just turned into confusion. johnny finally poked his head up, looking just as confused.

"huh — what? what exactly do you mean, your majesty?" the angel asked curiously, tilting his head to the side. "there's usually exactly four people in charge of ruling, but no one ever called someone the 'third king.'"

well, this time was an exception to the norm, since renjun's dad ruled solo without a queen nor second king by his side. unlike deoksu, who, of course, had dal.

jeno thought of what kun had told him that day with a smile. "you'll see. the old seer's grandson says so."

the demon prince watched both ten's and johnny's surprise and disbelief evaporate from their faces at those words. no one dared to disbelieve the old seer nor her grandson.

"that'll be interesting," the tall angel mumbled with a slow nod.

"uh-huh," ten agreed, looking back at his companion. "i wonder what the old seer sees in my future."

"oh, i dunno," johnny chirped, suddenly draping his arms around the smaller, a bright smile on his face. "what would you want in your future?"

"anything with you," ten answered honestly and the angel immediately blushed crimson as a hand came up to hold onto johnny's hand.

"you know what? same here," johnny retorted after awhile, his shocked flustered expression leaving so his smile could return. of course, ten smiled as well.

jeno cleared his throat loudly, earning their attention back. "hey, i don't feel like third-wheeling at the moment."

"oh," ten shrugged. "sorry."

"sorry your majesty," johnny just looked flustered again and bowed his head. at the sight of them, a woman and her friend started talking rather loudly, a long finger pointed in their direction.