license for love » na jaemin

inspired by a short collections book i read in 7th grade.

genre: fluff, hints of angst, best friends to lovers au
word count: 2.8k

one.

"I'm not surprised," Jeno said, looking up from his book to meet Jaemin's eyes and shrugged, "I'm really not, she's number five this month. Are you trying to break a record or something?"

In response, Jaemin just rolled his eyes, "Ugh, just pass me the textbook, I need to finish this, it's graded."

You, on the other hand, was busy completing the essay you had to do but you overheard what your two best friends had said. "You're doing the essay on 'Pride and Prejudice', right? Here's my summary if you need a reference." You handed him your note book.

"Yeah, uh-thanks."

"Who's your next target?" You joked as you raised a brow and smirked at him. He kept down his pen and raised his right hand to make a posture as if he was deep in thought. "Hmm, you" He said whilst tilting his head to study your features.

You instantly felt all the heat rush to your cheeks, "What? Nooo, I like Jeno better than you!" You pulled the guy with the puppy face closer to you and hugged him.

"Suit yourself," he sulked and continued his work. You just shrugged and did yours too.

Only this part of the school was fairly comforting, you guys were settled on one of the wooden benches and tables, located behind the school building.

The afternoon air was cold but it was perfect in this hot season, the wind lightly ruffling your hair and leaving soft kisses on your cheeks, skipping lunch wasn't such a problem now.

"Wow really?!" You were snapped out of your little daydream by Jeno's voice. You closed you finished work and faced them. "What's up?" You asked.

"Y/n, look, Jaemin's saying that he's taking a break from dating," Jeno scoffed, with the same mocking tone.

"Well, it's time you gave up." You smirked.

"I need to focus on studying more, what are you guys even expecting!" Jaemin's ears reddened as he shifted his position in his seat.

two.

Jeno and this time, Jaemin were with you on the way home, you were going through your essay's draft as you smiled proudly for not procrastinating this time.

Right as you stepped out of the school building, "Y/n," a voice said making you look up from your file, but as soon as you saw his face, you dropped your file. It was Hwang Hyunjin, the most good looking guy in class 2-4, he bent down and picked up the file and handed it to you.

"Uh, um, thanks," your cheeks suddenly caught a crimson shade. Not like you liked him or anything but it was Hwang Hyunjin, there was nothing you could have done better.

He rubbed his nape and slightly looked down, avoiding eye contact. Jeno and Jaemin raised their eyebrows and waited for him to say something.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," Hyunjin said meeting your eyes.

"Yeah, sure, go on."

"Can we talk uh, privately?" He shuttered, cutely. You let out a short chuckle and replied, "Sure, can you guys wait for a while?" You looked at Jeno and then to Jaemin, to which they nodded skeptically.

You walked with Hyunjin towards the small sitting area on the front lawn of the school. "I-I um, can we meet tomorrow, if you're not busy, I need to tell you something." Hyunjin said shyly which was a big surprise because Hyunjin was known for being the most confident guy in the whole of high school, second only to Jaemin.