midnight city » sungchan

genre: fluff, mild angst
word count: 2.6k

Sungchan hated seeing the girl he always had a crush on go on random dates and have a broken heart, he knew he could treat her better than all the boys she dated.

On the other hand, you and your boyfriend were fighting again, your boyfriend started screaming, "I know why you started dating me, you're just playing with me, like all your earlier boys." The two of you were in your university's entrance, students who were passing by threw you inquisitive looks, something you were pretty much used to now.

If it was another time, what your boyfriend(s) said wouldn't have hurt you. You have had way too many one-time flings. But you were growing feeling for him, and losing people was traumatic for you. Tears threatened to drop so you turned away and left the school grounds, no way I'm catching feelings for anyone ever again.

Your classes for the day were all over and the sun was also setting, the setting sun reminded you of sad things, reminded you that things end and that the light must go away one time or another. Taking this as a chance to go see your mother, you went to the 'Midnight City.'

Midnight City was a 'dark' theatre, they showed movies but there were no front seats, only a couple of back seats. That was why they also called it the Dark Theatre, you couldn't see a thing because the light from the movie didn't reach you, and it was fun, it allowed you to think about everything that's been happening with you and you felt happy that you are always with your mother when you're here.

When you were young, you and your mother used to come here, during weekday as the seats would be filled during the weekends. You mother had always told you that her father used to take her here too and if she's ever not in person with you, she'd always be here.

You grabbed the coupon the salesperson gave you and took a seat, it was a weekday so it was only you in the huge theatre, it didn't scare you a tad bit too, you knew this place was where all the warm things were.

There was no one, as usual, none you saw. So you started talking to your mother. "Mom, I miss you, always and everyday, you told me you'd be with me till you see me happily married but here I am now, dating around and breaking hearts to mend my broken one. How are you mom, I really, r-really miss you," you didn't realize but you were crying, soft, light sounds escaped as you covered your mouth with your palm.

You promised you wouldn't cry, but the thought of your mother leaving you had always been a terrifying thought. You knew you were still in denial, but it was too hard to accept the fact.

A hand tapped your shoulder startling you, "Hey, are you alright?" A voice spoke right from beside you. "Are you crying? Uh- do you need me to call anyone for you?" he added.

It was dark, indeed. You couldn't see the person and you knew you should be freaking out to be in a dark room with a guy at this time but something about his tone and voice gave out a soothing aura. You wiped your tears and swallowed the lump in your throat. "Yes, I am fine. It's nothing to worry about."

Turning to the screen, you watched the movie that was playing, a movie you didn't know the name of was being screened.

"You like that guy? I think he shouldn't even talk to her, she's so much better in person and in everything, oh my god." The person beside you started.

"I think Jeffrey is better than Andy although it's like saying suffocating is mildly more amusing than drowning." You laughed as his comment, it was your first time in a long time, laughing genuinely without having to fake it.

"You're right, you're right. I think the girl should just get over herself, she doesn't need a boyfriend." You commented. Hypocrite.

"YeS!"